Answer to Petes question.

I like idea of providing this feedback in case it helps inform Dis of thoughts of their audience (or maybe they have input to counter my points).

1) We would plan Disney travel as family with 3 kids (4yr,2yr,4 months) and I have impression my kids would be much more intersted in the parks then cruise (not sure if they can even go since all too young for vaccine).

2) I would have to travel to Florida from Pennsylvania which is big committment to get potentially sent back home.

3) I am a dvc member and my trips this year are mainly driven by need to use points. I am generally disappointed with direction Disney has gone and would likely spend money elsewhere for next few years to “vote with my dollar” but I can’t let points expire. If I didn’t have dvc already I would not be traveling anywhere with Disney.

I like idea of providing this feedback in case it helps inform Dis of thoughts of their audience (or maybe they have input to counter my points).

1) We would plan Disney travel as family with 3 kids (4yr,2yr,4 months) and I have impression my kids would be much more intersted in the parks then cruise (not sure if they can even go since all too young for vaccine).

2) I would have to travel to Florida from Pennsylvania which is big committment to get potentially sent back home.

3) I am a dvc member and my trips this year are mainly driven by need to use points. I am generally disappointed with direction Disney has gone and would likely spend money elsewhere for next few years to “vote with my dollar” but I can’t let points expire. If I didn’t have dvc already I would not be traveling anywhere with Disney.

Last edited:

You could rent your DVC points and use the money elsewhere if that is what you really want.

I really didn't understand the point of this question (or the first 25 minutes of this week's show, to be completely honest). WE GET IT, PETE, YOU LIKE DISNEY CRUISE LINE.

For a LOT of people, cruising is absolutely LAST on their priority list right now for MANY reasons. It is for us and we are all fully vaccinated and boosted.

1. I don't want to gamble with several thousand dollars worth of flights from the west coast that we *might* be able to go on a cruise, and if we pop a positive at the port, we have to find accommodations for the next 7-10 days while we are unable to fly back home.

2. I don't want to pay even the current "special prices" for the chance to have my ports changed, cancelled, or for entertainment to suddenly disappear because of "technical difficulties" onboard.

3. I don't feel like wearing a mask on practically my whole vacation.

It also just seemed really odd how he was practically telling people NOT to come to WDW. Bet his Dreams Agents are loving that...

I have no desire to take a cruise, not on disney or another company, It is just something that does not interest me or my husband. I've heard how wonderful they are, but still not interested.
It does seem that those who do cruise are definitely sold on it and love it. But there are others like us who are definitely not interested.

DH keeps asking me to go on one but Mom always characterized cruiseships as “Prisons that float”
Between rogue waves and dear old Mom’s sage words, I’m highly reluctant.
If I were to cave and say yes, though, I’d go on DCL… maybe… assuming I could figure out the special dining and excursion situation that seems like added headache meant for travel agents to navigate.

As stated above, as much as I'd LOVE to go on an almost empty ship to enjoy the pools and shows with more room, I am not taking a chance on getting my family on a plane to show up (even with a negative test before we fly, we could be exposed on the plane) and not be allowed to go on the cruise. That's thousands of dollars gone and being stuck trying to find something else to do last minute. Also, I don't want to risk not being able to get to a port and having the destination changed, or for that matter, ending up with a positive test from going to one of the ports and ending up being stuck in my room for the rest of the cruise.

When he wondered why more people weren't going on the cruises instead of the parks, I think for many, the parks have the rides and attractions that they want to see.

I do wish you the best during your travel
I am very disappointed I really wanted to do a land and Sea Disney vacation with my wife and unfortunately that will not happen.
There are only 2 options for Disney cruising among other cruises
1) Vaccinated
2)Too bad so sad
Without getting too political. I can understand the requirement if it worked as it should (preventing transmission) but we all know that is not the case. For that reason I find it rather ridiculously non scientific and defies all logic when we can just test everyone that goes on board regardless of shot or no shot.

I think it's more the concern over a publicity nightmare if someone was to die from contracting it on the ship. Or worse -die on board. Or to a lesser degree require urgent medical care. All very logical concerns....

We have 6 planned too this year. ( Plus we have already been on one, DCL.).
Coming up are 4 DCL, 1 Princess, 1 Celebrity!
Sounds good Bobbi. I believe we are on at least one of your DCL cruises - either Wish MV or the Podcast Cruise.

Our other 3 cruises are Celebrity, Royal and Adventures By Disney river cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter