Antarctica Question...

Nellas Elensar

DIS Veteran
As you may or may not have heard, Sea World's Antarctica attraction will open on May 24. I am wondering if Sea World has ever "soft opened" any of their new attractions in the weeks leading up to the official opening. My parents and I will possibly be in the Orlando area in early May and I wanted so badly to see this attraction. Have they done "soft openings" with Turtle Trek and/or Manta?

Yes, there was a soft opening with Turtle Trek but it was very limited. For about a week (maybe a little bit less) TT was open but only at specific times,

For example (and only example, I don't recall the specifics) on Tuesday they might have invited people to go through it. They literally had workers standing outside asking people as they walked by if they wanted to see it, there was no other advertisment. On Wednesday they might have planned to be open for 2 hours and may or may not have done that.

The idea was to see how the crowd flow was, and see how people liked it. There were actually some changes made based on that input.

Not sure about Manta.

Yes, there was a soft opening with Turtle Trek but it was very limited. For about a week (maybe a little bit less) TT was open but only at specific times,

For example (and only example, I don't recall the specifics) on Tuesday they might have invited people to go through it. They literally had workers standing outside asking people as they walked by if they wanted to see it, there was no other advertisment. On Wednesday they might have planned to be open for 2 hours and may or may not have done that.

The idea was to see how the crowd flow was, and see how people liked it. There were actually some changes made based on that input.

Not sure about Manta.

I hope they will do a longer "soft opening" period for Antarctica. As it is a much bigger attraction that has many parts, I would think that Sea World would want all the feedback they can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter