Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Skellingtonj

DIS Veteran
He was found unresponsive in his hotel room. It’s being called a suicide. This is heartbreaking. There was no one like him.

Awful. I loved his show....he was so down-to-earth and no-nonsense about cooking. He seemed just as happy to eat good food in a backwoods shack as he was in a five-star restaurant. I would never have thought he was so unhappy!

You just never know, do you?

I was so shocked when I read the headline.

It seems like I had just read an article about him saying that he was quite content with his life and current girlfriend. I believe he had a daughter from a past relationship as well...just a tragic loss for all who knew him and enjoyed watching him.

Last edited:

I hadn't heard this either. I enjoyed watching his shows. RIP Mr Bourdain

In the car I heard something about a segment coming up called “The Life and Death of Anthony Bourdain”.

“What, what?? Did I just hear right??”

Sadly, I did.

Shocking, to say the least.

May he RIP.

Hung himself just like Kate Spade did.
I'm trying to process how to watch out for warning signs of depression in people who appear happy, and are successful in material ways.

If you are truly interested, look for QPR training in your area. It is a course to try to recognize signs of depression and suicidal thoughts in your friends and family. It stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer. Similar to CPR and just as important for trying to save a life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter