Anxiously awaiting more photos of Silver Sea merch.

darnheather

DIS Veteran
Let's see it! Someone in my August group wants to know about the beer mug and I want to know about purses, but anything will whet my appetite.

I want to know more about what is going on with merchandise. People are posting saying it's crazy at the moment. Yet I'm surprised nothing is posted over here yet. Not sure if the site was being wonky that delayed it. Like is everything out of stock or they didn't have it on their cruise?

We are on the first sailing on the Dream following the transatlantic so board May 20. Two people on our FB group are on the EBTA and have reported all silver merchandise sold out and the CM’s have told them nothing being restocked in Barcelona. He said he saw spirit jerseys being grabbed out of other people’s hands holding them whilst looking at them. There was supposed to be a maximum amount of 2 items per person but guests and CM’s have ignored anyone buying more than two.

Not happy! Why can they never get demand right and what’s the point of this so called 2 items maximum. Happens all over the parks and cruises.

My parents were on the 1st silver anniversary sailing the Wish went out on. My husband and I are on the last one for the Dream so my parents got merch for me as we don't think anything will be left on the Dream by the time we get there.

They got my husband a beer mug and me a tumbler first then went to the bayou for a drink and to wait for a bit until people started lingering with them and were some of the first people in the shop. They grabbed one of almost everything for me and some extras for themselves so I/they could decide. They said before they left the shop at 6:30 the bags were already gone. The Pandora set and ears also sold out before the end of their sailing.

They returned a bag, ears and spirit jersey which the cast member thanked them for and hid as they said they didn't have anything left for the next sailing (unsure how accurate as I do know they  sometimes keep a few things back) and cast members.

They only got back into the UK yesturday as they stayed in orlando for a bit following the cruise so I haven't got my things yet but when I do I can share with you (providing I remember).

I will say my friend was on the first sailing of the Wish one and I asked her to pick me up a spirit Jersey, she was able too. I was honestly surprised

It's not merch for sale, but I've already told my dad to let their stateroom host know they would like the print on each leg of their upcoming B2B - and if the hosts questions it, explain that their other daughter (me) is sailing at the end of the 25th celebration and they are going to give their extra to me since odds are they'll be given out by then. (Especially if they're not requiring people to sign for them.)

It's not merch for sale, but I've already told my dad to let their stateroom host know they would like the print on each leg of their upcoming B2B - and if the hosts questions it, explain that their other daughter (me) is sailing at the end of the 25th celebration and they are going to give their extra to me since odds are they'll be given out by then. (Especially if they're not requiring people to sign for them.)
I thought they were just doing one per room. That is easy enough to control you just put one in each room at the start of the cruise and order enough to cover all the rooms for each 25th cruise. :confused3

I thought they were just doing one per room. That is easy enough to control you just put one in each room at the start of the cruise and order enough to cover all the rooms for each 25th cruise. :confused3
It’s only for Castaway Club members. So the number of prints per sailing that they need varies.

But in general I agree that they just need to order enough. It’s embarrassing to run out!

Sadly some people go to guest services and claim they never got this or that.

This.

They used to require a signature for even the general Castaway Club gifts and it would be recorded on your record that first night - or for any extra thing and recorded that night - so if you tried to go to Guest Services to claim that you didn't get it, they could see right there in your record that you had signed for it - or had not - and know whether to give it to you or not. I never tried claiming it, so I don't KNOW what their response was if the claimant had in fact signed for it.

Since apparently they are not requiring the signature anymore, anyone can go down and claim they haven't gotten it and there's no proof they haven't.

And you know there will be some cabins with parties in different households claiming each household should get one - and then doing the "We never got it" Guest Services run IF they are not given one for each household in the stateroom.

Something to also consider before letting the panic set in. On the cruiseship itself they rarely carry a large amount of stock. It is not at all uncommon for them to sell out of sizes, certain items, etc on the individual cruise. You hear so many people giving the advice of "shop early or they may run out of your size"

The cruise ships have a limited space for back stock, unlike the parks which has room to store tons of extras so they rarely run out.

I wouldn't panic just yet, no way they had ALL of the anniversary merch already on the ships. I'm sure they did a rough approximation for how much they'd need and how much space they had and clearly it wasn't enough for that sailing. Unless items are Limited Edition (not limited release) I'm sure they have more behind the scenes at port and more will be stocked in future sailings

Something to also consider before letting the panic set in. On the cruiseship itself they rarely carry a large amount of stock. It is not at all uncommon for them to sell out of sizes, certain items, etc on the individual cruise. You hear so many people giving the advice of "shop early or they may run out of your size"

The cruise ships have a limited space for back stock, unlike the parks which has room to store tons of extras so they rarely run out.

I wouldn't panic just yet, no way they had ALL of the anniversary merch already on the ships. I'm sure they did a rough approximation for how much they'd need and how much space they had and clearly it wasn't enough for that sailing. Unless items are Limited Edition (not limited release) I'm sure they have more behind the scenes at port and more will be stocked in future sailings
I think it will depend on what port you're sailing out of. No doubt port canavrel will get most of the items restocked. It's the other ports in other countries that might not restock that frequently. That's what's worrisome. They really should move to preorder online website like what they did for maiden voyage. That way they know what people want/need and can produce more.

We all know Disney doesn't mass produce as much as they need. Look at the wish inaugural season and they ran out of gifts in January. So the 25th anniversary just started so they're probably gonna run out early as well.

We all know Disney doesn't mass produce as much as they need. Look at the wish inaugural season and they ran out of gifts in January. So the 25th anniversary just started so they're probably gonna run out early as well.

Or perhaps they do, they just don't have any way to verify that people got theirs before giving them additional when they go to Guest Services and whine that they didn't get it. (They used to have a slip that you signed and gave to your stateroom host verifying that you had received your Castaway Club gifts - apparently they don't do that anymore?) Or people booking multiple parties in a stateroom to game the Castaway Club booking system and/or friends traveling together and then demanding that each PARTY get the gifts rather than each STATEROOM as was clearly stated.

Sadly, it's why I've asked my parents to please let their stateroom host know that they would like the print on both legs of their upcoming B2B since I don't cruise until the end of August when the celebration is almost over and I'm expecting them to be out of the print since some people are just jerks and will game the system (likely to resell them on EBay).

I think it will depend on what port you're sailing out of. No doubt port canavrel will get most of the items restocked. It's the other ports in other countries that might not restock that frequently. That's what's worrisome. They really should move to preorder online website like what they did for maiden voyage. That way they know what people want/need and can produce more.

I mean yes and no. Disney has done multiple anniversary celebrations recently and IMO done them quite well. Yes things sell out but that's pretty normal with "Limited Release" merchandise. Basically anything like this they order what they think they'll need and when it sells out it sells out.

As a business what Disney doesn't want to do is have a bunch of merch leftover after whatever they're celebrating but they want to capitalize on selling as much as possible. Preorders would be too hard because they're still going to sell on the ship and they won't know what exactly will still be available in a few weeks even. Plus if people cancel their trip or orders then DCL is stuck holding the bag.

Just like with other merch on the ships. DCL restocks as it comes into port before the next cruise (usually). Its not likely they wouldn't have merch at other ports to restock with. The only exception is MAYBE Alaska because its harder to get stuff out there and there isn't a park nearby.

My assumption is they're planning so much for each cruise and have that allotted. Could they over sell and bring more on the next cruise yeah maybe. So if you're on one of the last silver cruises some things may be sold out but not everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter