Any adults-only experiences at the resorts?

Cubbiecakes

Mr. Cakes
Hi folks, our group of four adults is traveling next month and we were curious if there were any adults-only experiences to enjoy at the resorts (not DtD, not offsite) that are not bars and not restaurants.

We'd like to be able to recharge and relax away from and out of earshot of any children.

Any thoughts?

Hmmm, taking bars and restaurants out of the equation is going to make it rough to have an experience without kids. There are some tours of the parks that you have to 14 to take but the resorts are pretty much all kid friendly. I've stayed at just about every resort and I can't think of anywhere there wasn't kids. Even the quiet pools can have kids at them.

Depending on the resort you are staying at, there is the Senses Spa. It's basically the same spas that they have on the cruise ships. I know there is one at the Grand Floridian.

What about the carriage rides at PO Riverside. I think all four could fit. You could also rent a pontoon and cruise the river or lake. At the WL, there is a wonderful little second deck porch on the backside of the lobby. We usually take a drink from TL up there but you could do without. It is a great place to sit and wait for the water parade to go by. Music is piped in for that too. Nice place to spend a florida evening into night.

The only place I can think of where you're guaranteed to be away from kids at a resort is Victoria and Albert's at the GF.

Can you give us some hints of what kind of experience you're looking for? Daytime/night time? Spa? Recreation?

It is only me and DH we found the found dec before Christmas to be the time where we saw the least amount of kids. We prefer deluxe as it is quiet and enjoy having a balcony. As far as pools it is always loud in the main pool we don't bother going to the quiet pool since we can do that at home if we wanted to.

Spas, dinners, rides, attractions, visiting other resorts,boat rides to view fireworks, balloon ride at Disney Springs, renting the small boat crafts, and carriage rides at Port Orleans.

Hi folks, our group of four adults is traveling next month and we were curious if there were any adults-only experiences to enjoy at the resorts (not DtD, not offsite) that are not bars and not restaurants.

We'd like to be able to recharge and relax away from and out of earshot of any children.

Any thoughts?
Away from even hearing children at Disney. Sorry. Not going to happen. Especially if it's not at a bar. I think Jelly Rolls may be the only age restricted place

Even on tours you will hear and see children as the tours are in the parks. And they are anything but relaxing.

Hi folks, thanks for your answers so far. I'm thinking more of afternoon and evening activities; anything where we can be in an adult-only environment.

The spa is acceptable, but we probably won't do that more than once.

I cut out restaurants and bars due to wanting to linger and relax, which would be rude in a restaurant and possibly just too loud in a bar.

All of your suggestions are appreciated!

A thousand times what AngiTN said. Abandon all hope and make peace with it now. All of WDW is kid-friendly space--by dint of Florida law, for most of the day, bars included.

Also, in terms of out of earshot of children, you may still be within the earshot of cast members, who may remind you that all of WDW is kid-friendly space, anyway.

Last edited:
Your own room is really going to be the only place that you can relax in quiet and without children. Is there a reason your room won't work?

Your own room is really going to be the only place that you can relax in quiet and without children. Is there a reason your room won't work?

Depending on the neighbors, having a quiet room is not even a given. It only takes one crying baby to disturb an entire block of rooms... ;-) Hopefully the walls of the Poly are thick!

My point was that I didn't want to have to be confined to our rooms to be able to enjoy the resorts.

How long do you think it would take to visit each of the resorts and look around?

Any thoughts?
What resort are you staying at? All I can think of is renting SeaRaycers at either the MK resort area or Epcot resorts, or carrige rides in the evening at either POR or Ft Wilderness.
Take a stroll around your resort, many resorts have some quiet spaces with benches to relax on.
Knowing what resort you're staying at may help people with answers.

If you want to linger and relax and not see and hopefully not hear children then I'd suggest doing so in your resort room.
It's about the only place that fits your desires.
If you'd like to have some adult beverages you could always mix up some drinks in your room.
Disney World is about he most kid friendly place you could go on vacation so you have to expect there to be children everywhere you turn.
Personally as a childless adult that loves WDW I don't mind knowing children will be around me 24/7 other than in my room.
And if I want to speak my mind about something with some not so nice words I do it very very quietly in public areas or I reserve it for my room lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter