Any advice would be helpful

wdwluv

<font color=deeppink><marquee>I only like the snow
Here is my problem.
We are annual passholders and are thinking about going to wdw in January.
I looked at dates and found passholder rates begining on 1/2/2012. We can actually stay for 5nights at poly conc. Soooo then I looked at leaving on 12/29. and the hotel prices are really high(but I can get just about any hotel I want). The prices though are more for 4 nights standard room akl than the 5nights at poly. Thinking of 4nights at coronado springs but I am very worried that the crowd levels are so high that it will make us not enjoy ourselves. Does anyone have experiance with staying through New Years? Do the crowds drop so much that first week? Would we just be better planning on arriving on January 2nd? Are the celebrations for New Years not to be missed? Will we feel like we are missing something by staying at coronado?

I would not go over New Year's Eve. It will be crowded beyond belief. Save your money and the aggravation. Poly CL, 5 nights starting on Jan. 2 sounds dreamy!!!

The crowds after New Years Eve depend on what day it falls on. Janurary 1, 2012 is on a Thursday and that means Janurary 2, 2012 is on a Friday so there might be some more people staying for the weekend. I would assume that the crowds will be a lot less starting on Janurary 5, 2012 which is a Monday.

We go every year in January. The crowd levels are a 10 around New Years. The crowd levels drop after January 2nd. I would vote for Poly. You can enjoy the decorations without the crowds. The Osborne lights are on until Jan. 7th.

We talked to a Cast Member last year. The crowds are insane during the holidays.

Hope this helps,

LG

I think New Years pricing is the highest. Would not pay that. I'd stick with Poly after 1/2 with AP rate. We booked that AP rate for mid Jan. Gotta love it! 40% deluxe is pretty good.

I'd definitely do Poly (longer + concierge + lower crowds + cheaper). The only thing you're missing is NYE, which from everything I hear about Disney, is wall-to-wall people. I am not enough of a fireworks connoisseur that the difference between the NYE tag and the regular, nightly fireworks would make a big difference to me. If I ever do something that crowded on NYE you better believe it will be Times Square!

I think New Years pricing is the highest. Would not pay that. I'd stick with Poly after 1/2 with AP rate. We booked that AP rate for mid Jan. Gotta love it! 40% deluxe is pretty good.

We're AP holders too and used them in September and knew we were going in July 2012 also.....but decided to gain some extra value out of them and when the AP discount 40% came out for January...jumped on it....1/20 arrival for us and best rate we've ever gotten for the WL...not keen on the iffy January weather but hey, great discount on our favorite deluxe, we have a voucher from Amtrak to us up...so why not, almost nothing to travel, tickets paid for by the AP, less busy time of year....we're there....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter