any advise would be nice.

shefor24

Mouseketeer
I know this is a general topic, but first, I need to welcome myself to this forum. :) I am ALWAYS on the budget board (I am addicted) and now we decided that when we go to Florida in Oct 23-27, we will go try Universal and IOA instead of my favorite place in the world-- Disneyworld. So it looks like I know nothing--zilch about US or IOA. I know about Nick studios but really that is all. We (boyfriend and I) will have my twins age 9 with us. So any helpful hints will be so appreciative. I got to know Disney so good from the budget board, so I hope I will get even 1/2 of the info I did for our trip there. I need to know good food for decent prices. For example we ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM and loved it, I learned that from the boards before we left. So help please.....THANK YOU!!! :pinkbounc

Buy Kelly Monaghan's Guide to Universal Orlando. Make sure it is Universal Orlando (2nd Edition) and not Universal Escape. This book should be EXTREMELY helpful to you.

Where should I start? If you have 9 year olds they will probably love both parks and want to do everything at each. Theyre not quite old enough for the kid stuff but they're not quite young enough to not do some of the other rides. Universal's rides are alot different from Disney in that they are more based on thrills, excitement, loud noises, jarring motions, and/or getting very wet. Also if your family likes roller coasters there are a few in IOA. Since you are going in October the crowds wont be that bad, but you should still take advantage of the Universal Express system. This is a little like Disney's FastPass. As far as food goes try Mythos in IOA for the best food in any ThemePark. Also you might want to look into staying on-site. I'm sure alot of people will fill you in on every detail but you should definitly look into that book. Believe me it is worth it.

This video might help to (make sure you have Real Player):
http://www.universalstudios.com/cgi-bin/g2script.cgi?themeparks/univacation.rm

I also would recommend Kelly's book. It's awesome. I bought it after going to IOA/Universal twice and still learned new things!

Oh, you might want to get the free vacation video. There's not a lot of help on it but it'll get you in the mood!

Be sure to check out all of Barry Hom's information on this forum. Click on the link after his signature. Also, you can search this forum for info on particular subjects.

Kelly's book is great, too.

Nan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter