Any Backstage Magic Tour Goers also do WIWF tour?

Disneygrl36

Happy DVC member!!!!
Has anyone that has been on Backstage Magic also done the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour?
I am torn........I have heard great things about this tour & am thinking about booking it for one our 2 days following our adventure, but I am afraid it might be too much repetition of what we will have already seen & heard. I would so :lovestruc to get to see even just the lobby of Club 33 & I know that is part of this tour.
Any thoughts or help would be much apprectiated.

Let me know if you book it. I might want to book it for the day after our trip ends.

Has anyone that has been on Backstage Magic also done the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour?
I am torn........I have heard great things about this tour & am thinking about booking it for one our 2 days following our adventure, but I am afraid it might be too much repetition of what we will have already seen & heard. I would so :lovestruc to get to see even just the lobby of Club 33 & I know that is part of this tour.
Any thoughts or help would be much apprectiated.

I have been on Backstage Magic and on Walts Tour twice. I would go again. They are two separate worlds of fun. I don't want to give away too much on Walts tour. But, you do go into the life and dreams of Walts World. They tell you how Disneyland came to be, Walt etc. You also get a fabulous lunch at the end. Being that it's christmas, it will be extra special. Club 33 lobby is part of it and you can see the lobby decked out for christmas too. For me, I love the tours that Disney has and always interested in more. I hope you have a wonderful Tour Guide as we did. His name was Dave and had an absolute love for Walt and what he built. He was very knowledgeable on all things Walt and Disney and made it extra special. My second tour guide was enthusiastic, but a little scripted.

I have been on Backstage Magic and on Walts Tour twice. I would go again. They are two separate worlds of fun. I don't want to give away too much on Walts tour. But, you do go into the life and dreams of Walts World. They tell you how Disneyland came to be, Walt etc. You also get a fabulous lunch at the end. Being that it's christmas, it will be extra special. Club 33 lobby is part of it and you can see the lobby decked out for christmas too. For me, I love the tours that Disney has and always interested in more. I hope you have a wonderful Tour Guide as we did. His name was Dave and had an absolute love for Walt and what he built. He was very knowledgeable on all things Walt and Disney and made it extra special. My second tour guide was enthusiastic, but a little scripted.

Thanks so much for the input.......I was just not wanting to repeat too much from what we would be getting behind the scenes with ABD. Sounds like I need to book this as well since you have done both & recommend it. I have always wanted to do it. I think you can book it 1 month out so I need to call mid November. Now I just have to figure out when to do it. I am thinking Sunday after the farewell breakfast might be a good time. Thanks so much.:goodvibes

Thanks so much for the input.......I was just not wanting to repeat too much from what we would be getting behind the scenes with ABD. Sounds like I need to book this as well since you have done both & recommend it. I have always wanted to do it. I think you can book it 1 month out so I need to call mid November. Now I just have to figure out when to do it. I am thinking Sunday after the farewell breakfast might be a good time. Thanks so much.:goodvibes

Your welcome! Being a Disney fan, I think you are going to enjoy it. I hope you have a Tour Guide like we did the first time. He started us at the flag pole and repeated the opening day speech. Now, if that doesn't give a Disney Fan chills!!! It was a great start. It's getting closer for you! Very exciting! :yay: Oh! The only other thing, is that we were really tired on Sunday after the Backstage Magic tour. We did stay an extra day and we ended up relaxing a bit on Sunday. I don't know how you would feel after a big week like that. Walts Tour was around 3 hours. (I am not sure the length now.) Anyway, I wanted to throw that out there for your planning.

I am torn between Sunday & Monday. I am sure we will be tired. I will have to do some thinking about which day will work best. I have a few questions to call & ask the concierge agents. There was talk at one time about letting you extend your pass for a pretty good deal & I was wanting to see if we can upgrade our 4 day pass to a 5 day or if we have to buy a seperate one day pass for Monday-if so we aren't going to buy a hopper for that day as I don't see spending the extra money & I want to spend our last day at Disneyland. On Sunday we will still have park hoppers, so I thought Walk in Walt's footsteps in the am & then whatever we wanted to do in Cali Adv in the afternoon. We have Steakhouse 55 ressies for dinner & then go back into DL in the evening if we want to see the fireworks or Fantasmic again.

We are coming out 3 days early to get more DL time. Would doing the Walt tour spoil anything from the Backstage Tour?

Just keep in mind that after Backstage Magic you will have quite sore feet -- everyone in our group did and we were all really tired.

We are coming out 3 days early to get more DL time. Would doing the Walt tour spoil anything from the Backstage Tour?

For me, I don't think so. When you go on the Backstage Magic tour, you go behind the scenes. On Walts tour, you walk in his footsteps and hear about Walt and his park. No behind the scenes. Two separate experiences. (At least for me.) It will just enhance it, if anything. I can't get enough of that park and learning all the details. Don't hesitate to call ABD or the tour line to get their opinions as well.

I am planning to book this at my 1 month window thanks to you jacksparrowfan for Sunday. I know we may be tired, but Sunday just fits better than Monday for us & for Disney Magic I think I will be able to overcome my tiredness. Plus, I got a brand new pair of Merrell shoes that are supposed to be extra comfy.:thumbsup2

I have started my pre-trip report if you want to read along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter