Any benefit to buying park tickets early?

Eddie512

Mouseketeer
we aren't going til early July. I know at WDW if you buy ahead of time you get to book FP...so what about Universal? I booked our stay at Royal Pacific and I'm trying to make a "purchase" each month until then, so I can spread our trip expenses.

Not really, other than getting in before any possible ticket price increase - often happens in Feb. Just make sure you buy the three-park ticket, if you are interested in visiting Volcano Bay.

I bought five day park to park tickets online directly from Universal and then submitted a best price guarantee claim for orlandofuntickets.com. Getting a credit for $20.99 per ticket on a gift card when I arrive (they match the face price difference, but not the tax on that amount). You only have seven days from your purchase to claim the guarantee. Only works on websites open to the public and that don't need memberships.

you never know when UO will have an increase for tickets.

with Volcano Bay opening this year, makes me think twice about ticket costs.

i buy tickets when i see a good deal.
i have the ap but i take one of my sons on trips with me occasionally.

i did buy quite a few years ago as prices only go up, not down...

I buy the minute I know I want to go back, even if it is 14 months out. I figure the money in the bank is earning 0.01% and ticket prices go up 3% or more per year. Plus it is one less thing to worry about as the time for planning the drive and paying off the room comes closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter