Any chance DL would reopen train earlier than July 29?

kellymouse

Earning My Ears
My family is heading to DL from July 23-27. My sons very favorite ride is the train, and it's finally opening just a couple days after we leave. Do they ever re-open rides earlier than posted on the DL website?
TIA!

At best they might do some soft test runs that they open to the public, but those are not announced or advertised or guaranteed.

Possibly (probably) some CM and AP previews the days before, but not usually accessible by the general public.

Im croasing my fingers it opens early too! They have actually been running 2 trains on the tracks testing for a couple of days now. I'm wondering if they are trying to possibly speed things up and get it open for d23 weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Considering there are collectible cards being issued with "July 29, 2017" on them as the reopening date,chances are slim for an early opening.

I've seen soft openings of rides before, but those types of things they don't advertise.. So... MAYBE!

IF they do do a soft open, it might be to test it a couple more times before the attraction actually opens. So it might only be open for a short time, if at all. That means you have to be there at the exact time it opens, kind of luck of the draw. But good luck :shamrock:!

Kriss :tink:

The train was going around on Friday without passengers. I am assuming it is basically ready and they are doing the test runs now. Hopefully, it will open to the public earlier than planned, but they may not.

I Hope to catch a soft opening if there is one, We will be there 23-27 also. Fingers crossed for some pixie dust!!

The train was going around on Friday without passengers. I am assuming it is basically ready and they are doing the test runs now. Hopefully, it will open to the public earlier than planned, but they may not.
It probably still needs more time for testing. As not only did they alter the track layout they also upgraded the signaling system and that will need to be tested for much longer then a week.

Yeah, I saw the train twice while waiting for fireworks at iasw on Saturday.
Nobody on train except cm that I could tell.
They did blow the whistle a few times, so that was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter