Any chance on getting a cabana...

julesthecircusfreak

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

My family is going on a 5 night Christmas cruise this year. We are Gold Castaway Members. Anyone know if there is any chance at all that we might be able to score a Cabana on Castaway Cay as Gold Members? We've never tried for a Cabana before, but know that one of the members of our party will be a lot less grumpy spending time on a beach if we have one! Also, is there any difference between the Family Beach and the Serenity Bay cabanas (other than only adults vs. kids)? We have no children travelling with us.

Thank you!

Hello all,

My family is going on a 5 night Christmas cruise this year. We are Gold Castaway Members. Anyone know if there is any chance at all that we might be able to score a Cabana on Castaway Cay as Gold Members? We've never tried for a Cabana before, but know that one of the members of our party will be a lot less grumpy spending time on a beach if we have one! Also, is there any difference between the Family Beach and the Serenity Bay cabanas (other than only adults vs. kids)? We have no children travelling with us.

Thank you!

We will be cruising for the first time as Platinum members in October. It is a 7 day on the Fantasy, but all the cabanas were gone before we could check in. We have gotten one cabana and that was last year on a 4 day on the Dream in September. Besides that, we have never seen them open to book.

My suggestion is to keep checking if you don't get one first time trying. We cruised with another family who had NEVER cruised Disney before and she managed to snag one! I have no idea how...but she was my hero for getting it! :)

I have been able to get a Serenity Bay cabana as a Silver over Presidents' Week (on Magic), and I could have gotten one for either day on a Double Dip (on Dream) in 2 weeks at Gold check-in day. If you have no kids, I'd go for the SB one. It's possible. (Given that it's an all-adult party (as am I - either solo or with a friend or my parents), I would never look at a Family Beach one since people with kids don't have the SB option.)

SB is easier than FB to score. You can get them a little easier on The Magic & Wonder, smaller ships,less people.

1. Keep checking online throughout the day for one to pop up.
2. If you aren't able to get one before, go to port adventures desk as soon as you board and put your name on the waitlist. We have gotten them this way as silver, gold & platinum club members.
We have gotten a SB cabana at least 3 times this way.

I was able to snag one on SB for my Feb 2019 cruise that we just did on the Fantasy. I booked right at midnight (9pm our time) and there was one left. I was still gold for this cruise. Just keep checking because I noticed some people snagged them right away and then decided against the cost and released them. Sometimes they will post here on the other social media site when they do it.

I checked daily for cabanas on my last two cruises and saw serenity bay ones open up multiple times for each cruise. I think people book them without realizing it is adults only and release. Or they learn that it is on the same beach with all the other loungers so not a private beach like the family beach. Either way, it seems much easier to get than the family ones.

Hello all,

Thank you!
I remember seeing a Serenity Bay cabana available when I first logged in as Silver for our Magic cruise. That was for a very family-heavy, spring break cruise.

I think your chances of getting a Family Beach cabana are nil unless you get on the waiting list onboard early on & someone else cancels.

We have done 5 cruises and gotten a cabana twice by stalking the website, plus once shared one with someone who was concierge and got one.

Our first cruise I got one about 60 days before the cruise.

The other cruise (our 5th?) I got it about 20 days before the cruise.

I checked multiple times a day each day and as soon as one popped up grabbed it. Both were SB.

One cruise on checkin as silver the huge cabana on FB was available, but we did not grab it since it was way too much for our party of two.

So it is possible, but you may have to stalk the website regularly to catch one that someone else releases.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter