Any chance they would extend deadlines on dummy bookings?

sfeisen

Mouseketeer
I know it’s doubtful.....but I have a dummy booking that expires December 30, 2020. Any chance Disney might extend the deadline a few months?

I know it’s doubtful.....but I have a dummy booking that expires December 30, 2020. Any chance Disney might extend the deadline a few months?

I agree that it’s doubtful, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Give Disney a call and tell us what their response was.

I asked a week ago when I booked June 2021 Med on the Magic and was told I could Not. I needed to use it by the last week in march 2021. No extension

It seems that Disney is the least flexible of all the lines when it comes to the rebooking rules. I would think they would extend the deadlines, but they are not. I assume it's mostly because a lot of people are just shifting their dates and I've read that total bookings are actually up. They don't see a business reason to do this.

I've seen other lines be much more flexible with their policies. For example, we had an on-board booking with Royal fro September 2020. We called and used their "lift and shift" program and moved it to September 2021. Same itinerary and ship. They kept everything intact, including onboard booking credits and discounts. Held the price the same too, even though the new cruise was more expensive. Disney could take a lesson here.

It seems that Disney is the least flexible of all the lines when it comes to the rebooking rules. I would think they would extend the deadlines, but they are not. I assume it's mostly because a lot of people are just shifting their dates and I've read that total bookings are actually up. They don't see a business reason to do this.

I've seen other lines be much more flexible with their policies. For example, we had an on-board booking with Royal fro September 2020. We called and used their "lift and shift" program and moved it to September 2021. Same itinerary and ship. They kept everything intact, including onboard booking credits and discounts. Held the price the same too, even though the new cruise was more expensive. Disney could take a lesson here.
For those reservations booked with an onboard booking, DCL is allowing the onboard booking perks to transfer to the new cruise, regardless of original expiration date of the onboard booking.

For a placeholder onboard booking (no cruise selected) the expiration is 2 years from booking date.

The latter is what DCL is not extending.

For those reservations booked with an onboard booking, DCL is allowing the onboard booking perks to transfer to the new cruise, regardless of original expiration date of the onboard booking.

For a placeholder onboard booking (no cruise selected) the expiration is 2 years from booking date.

The latter is what DCL is not extending.

Thanks for the clarification. I stand by my statement though that Disney is not doing enough in this department. They should extend the date to book a placeholder, just like airlines are doing by extending benefits for their most frequent travelers by holding status for longer rather than expiring it. I am executive platinum on American and get to keep it longer since there is not authorized travel from most companies right now. They know to keep customers loyal (whole point of onboard booking) they need to give their travelers an additional reason to stay with their company. Once you lower switching costs, there could be an bit of an exodus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter