Any Construction News on the Dragon Challenge Replacement?

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
It was under construction when we went in Nov last year. I'm just wondering if it might be opened if we go in Nov this year. Is there any word yet on what it's going to be?

It's a new Harry Potter Coaster not expected to open until sometime in 2019.

Here's a rumor video that has some recent updates on the current construction

It's a new Harry Potter Coaster not expected to open until sometime in 2019.

Here's a rumor video that has some recent updates on the current construction

Thank you for the info.
Man two years to put up a ride is a Disney timeline. Come on, Universal, step up your game. pixiedust:

In the end it will probably be closer to 1.5 years. Ride closed Sept 2017 and my guess is that it will open spring or early summer of 2019.

That isn't too bad IMO as they are building a new ride from the ground up with what they say is “This ride is going to redefine the category and transport you to thrilling places, drawing you into even more exciting adventures within the wizarding world,”. If it has the level of theme and immersion we come to expect from Harry Potter attractions at Universal, it'll be worth the wait.

I didn't realize it closed that close to our last trip. It seemed like it had been closed a while. The rumored video was interesting. I was hoping for more of a big coaster but it sounds like not.

the one ride my kids missed the most last trip and the 1 reason they wanted to go back to universal this xmas for a day. may have to rethink this and the weigh the costs-but really, just another reason to plan another florida vacation.

Anyone see this video? A bunch of great elements in it. If this is true, it looks like it will be a great ride. I do worry about how many screens will be used in the inside parts. I doubt Hagrid will be an AA so there is one. Will Fluffy be a AA or a screen?

Anyone see this video? A bunch of great elements in it. If this is true, it looks like it will be a great ride. I do worry about how many screens will be used in the inside parts. I doubt Hagrid will be an AA so there is one. Will Fluffy be a AA or a screen?

That looks very cool. Thanks for posting.

This looks crazy good! I'm guessing this is from a reputable source. There are so many different ride elements in a single ride- all I can say is... WOW!

Holy Griffindor...that sounds AMAZING. I will absolutely schedule a trip for that ride. It doesn’t hurt that Harris is one of my favorites!!

This looks crazy good! I'm guessing this is from a reputable source. There are so many different ride elements in a single ride- all I can say is... WOW!

Hi! Yes she is very reliable. She is on another forum I belong to that has many pages of information on this!

Fluffy is supposed to be an AA. I wouldn't be surprised if Hagrid was as well.

Lots of info here. The person who made the video posts here.... http://forums.insideuniversal.net/t...rience-speculation.12066/page-238#post-667971

I couldn't be more excited for this ride. Let's hope the people working on the AA for Fluffy aren't the ones that worked on other rides at other parks. I rode a ride last Thursday with a certain Yeti that I haven't seen move at all since the opening in 2006.

I think I’m going to upgrade both our tickets to ap’s.... they’d be good until 8/2/19.... might squeeze in another trip if the ride gets done :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter