Any current benefit to declining Mousekeeping?

Very true! If anything, they may keep housekeeping to being every other day as it is now, but you can still make housekeeping requests as needed.
Yes, and even if they were to keep it every other day, that is still getting less and paying more. Like parking fees!!!!

They will not come in the room while you are in it. Protects them. Protects you.
I don't understand the logic behind this statement. If someone is so worried about being in a room with someone else, why would anyone go to any of the parks or any of the resorts? You might be able to social distance standing in line for a ride etc., but you cannot social distance walking through a lobby or through any of the parks, where guaranteed you are going to be closer than 6 feet whenever you pass someone by or they pass by you. As far as housekeeping coming in your room I assume all the housekeepers will be wearing a mask; you can choose to either leave the room, or stay in the room and wear a mask yourself.

Still no. Increased rate, possibly, but housekeeping is necessary. Newspaper, coffee, internet, gym, even parking - all perks. Housekeeping = mandatory to keep the property habitable.
Still yes. Yes housekeeping is necessary. But you may pay for it. Like a parking spot for your car if you drive. They are needed and now payed for by most.

Yes, and even if they were to keep it every other day, that is still getting less and paying more. Like parking fees!!!!
Well, no. This is a list of the housekeeping that is every other day as of now:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
I'm sure if you need any of these things on a non-housekeeping day, you can request it. Trash and used towels you can leave outside your door and you can request new towels. I'm sure if you need a counter cleaned or something to be vacuumed, someone can assist. It's just a policy in place right now to reduce your exposure to housekeepers and housekeepers to reduce their exposure to you. It may be like this for a while, but you're not losing out on anything monetary.

Well, no. This is a list of the housekeeping that is every other day as of now:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
I'm sure if you need any of these things on a non-housekeeping day, you can request it. Trash and used towels you can leave outside your door and you can request new towels. I'm sure if you need a counter cleaned or something to be vacuumed, someone can assist. It's just a policy in place right now to reduce your exposure to housekeepers and housekeepers to reduce their exposure to you. It may be like this for a while, but you're not losing out on anything monetary.
People used to say they would never be charged to park. Give it time, lol.

I don't understand the logic behind this statement. If someone is so worried about being in a room with someone else, why would anyone go to any of the parks or any of the resorts?
Disney's explanation.
Still yes. Yes housekeeping is necessary. But you may pay for it. Like a parking spot for your car if you drive. They are needed and now payed for by most.
Still no. Interestingly, a personal vehicle is not a necessity for the hotel. Housekeeping is.

Disney's explanation.

Still no. Interestingly, a personal vehicle is not a necessity for the hotel. Housekeeping is.
But a parking spot is if one drives, dahhhh. It will go the way of magic bands, parking spots, park hopper options, EMHs, ect. Something once included that you will now or soon pay for. Spin it any way you try.

I am not sure I want guests to start piling wet towels and trash outside their door. I hope the DVC Resorts still have the trash / recycle option down the hallway. I can honestly say I have not noticed them at Riviera.
Maybe that has changed also.

Last edited:
Correct. If. Not a requirement to operate a hotel. Unlike housekeeping.
Have you ever seen a hotel without a parking lot? Please let me know of one.

But you still won't admit it that housekeeping will either be a service that will be reduced or you will have to pay for in the future. Doesn't take a genius to see this coming.

But I wonder if Disney will require you to pay for it if you don't want it? Some people will forgo housekeeping gladly.

Hyatt Place New York City
XV Beacon Boston
But you still won't admit it that housekeeping will either be a service that will be reduced or you will have to pay for in the future. Doesn't take a genius to see this coming.
Any paying for the 100% necessary service of housekeeping will be filled into room rates. It will not be part of resort fees or separately charged. This goes for all hotels (motels, b&bs, etc.), not just Disney.
But I wonder if Disney will require you to pay for it if you don't want it? Some people will forgo housekeeping gladly.
The room was cleaned for you, then it was cleaned from you.

Hyatt Place New York City
XV Beacon Boston

Any paying for the 100% necessary service of housekeeping will be filled into room rates. It will not be part of resort fees or separately charged. This goes for all hotels (motels, b&bs, etc.), not just Disney.

The room was cleaned for you, then it was cleaned from you.
Yes, that is one way I think housekeeping could be decreased drastically. The room cleaned when you arrive, of course and then when you vacate it. And with no gift card in sight, thus, you are not getting what you once did with this service on a daily basis. But are paying the same, or more.

They won't advertise it a resort fee of course, but in the end you will be paying for it with the that if they were to resume it on a daily basis in the future. But what will they advertise in the resort fees that you now get "for free?" I also wonder how long it will be before ME is no longer free?

And the above hotels did not charge a parking fee did they? Where did one park at?

They won't advertise it a resort fee of course
They won't advertise it as a Resort Fee because it isn't and won't be an "extra" like the examples I have (of the kinds of things that a Resort Fee includes.) Prices will increase, as they always did and regularly do, to cover additional costs like higher pay, more expensive insurance, more expensive supplies, etc. But housekeeping will never change from be part of the cost of renting a room to bring part of a Resort Fee. It's not overall optional, or a perk. It needs to be done.
And the above hotels did not charge a parking fee did they? Where did one park at?
The question was
and yes, I have literally seen that the XV Beacon does not have a parking lot. Parking arrangements, yes, but that wasn't the question. Plenty of city hotels don't have parking lots.

Somebody already replied. I also was going to say NYC hotels do not all have on-site parking.

I think a more interesting question would be: what are other hotels doing about housekeeping these days? Is there a current "standard" so to speak?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter