Any difference between very end of June or beginning of July?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
Against my better gut instinct we will be doing a summer trip -- too tough to miss school and we want longer than 7 days. We have a couple options -- we could leave as soon as school has ended (around 6/18 - 6/22 - later if there are snow days) or go in July - arriving 7/2.

Is there any major difference between traveling either of these weeks? I'm guessing no -- I know there are no festivals at either time, the weather is just hot as He$$ and I would imagine crowds would be similar. I know 4th of July will be busy but other than that -- would crowds be similar?

Anything i should consider or are missing?

The 4th through the 7th will be noticably busier.

I wold pick the last week of june

Weather wise, there will be little to no difference - hot is hot.

Crowd wise, though, 4th of July week will be busier for sure. If everything else is equal, I would go with the end of June.

Well, MK has their 4th of July fireworks on July 3 and 4. And epcot had a special July 4th finale to Illuminations on the 4th that was pretty amazing. I assume they will do something similar with their new nighttime show as well. Those are reason enough for us to go over the July 4th holiday. :-)
I don't find the crowds to be awful on July 2 or from July 5 on. That seems pretty comparable to the rest of summer to me.
MK is crazy busy on the 4th. I'd avoid that for sure. We do MK on the 3rd. Epcot was not nearly as busy as I was expecting it to be on the 4th (this year was our first year at epcot on the 4th). I think everyone was at MK!!

I'd plan for last week of June. Give yourself a little cushion in case of snow days, etc. Weather wise it's the same. With 4th of July, I think the parks would be crowded. The plus side of that is the parks will be opened later with extended hours.

I just went on June 28 -July 3. The crowds weren’t bad at the end of June. From what I have seen, the crowds have become worse since July 3.

The 4th through the 7th will be noticably busier.

I wold pick the last week of june
Not necessarily. I went July 5th-10th this year and it was very manageable. Epcot was actually dead on July 5th. I was expecting higher crowds and it just wasn't there. Now it wasn't a walk on everything or whatever but still not what I was expecting.

Not necessarily. I went July 5th-10th this year and it was very manageable. Epcot was actually dead on July 5th. I was expecting higher crowds and it just wasn't there. Now it wasn't a walk on everything or whatever but still not what I was expecting.
As far as holidays go, it's definitely not that busy, but it's still noticably busier than the last week of June

I was there June 22-July 7th. The closer we got to the 4th, it became noticeably more crowded, but not enough that I wouldn’t go back that week. We did the same two weeks last summer as well. Either week is great, to be honest, have fun and good luck deciding!

Our first trip to WDW we arrived on the 4th of July (I got a great deal for our flights that day). We drove from the airport to our resort, and it was wonderful; there were fireworks going off all around us as we drove. Odd, because I also recall the sun setting. We stayed at the Dolphin that first year, and we went out on the Boardwalk to explore a little. I don't recall it all being any more crowded than other summer times we had been there. It was actually more crowded one year in early August.

We were just there from June 28-July 8. I didn't notice a difference in the crowds throughout our trip. The crowds were very manageable and the weather was fine. As a matter of fact, the evening EMH at MK on July 3 was surprisingly empty. We were able to ride/do many attractions with little to no waits. Before our trip, I figured I would never want to go back in the middle of the summer again. But I was wrong. We had a nice time. I'd totally go back during June/July again.

We went in 2017 over the fourth of July long weekend. It was basically a ghost town except on the fourth itself, and then only starting around mid-afternoon because it was just people there to see fireworks. So I would be inclined to go over the fourth since it is a holiday and that is one less vacation day you have to take off from work.

Is there any major difference between traveling either of these weeks?
The 15s will be there in July is really the only one I can think of.

Both weeks will be hottttttttttt,both weeks will have afternoon lightning storms at least a few days,etc.

Personally,I would go with being there on Independence Day-so much fun! :)

The 15s will be there in July is really the only one I can think of.

Both weeks will be hottttttttttt,both weeks will have afternoon lightning storms at least a few days,etc.

Personally,I would go with being there on Independence Day-so much fun! :)
This. We have been in WDW several times over the 4th, and we haven't found the crowds to be much different from Easter or even late August. And we just love spending the 4th at Epcot, for some reason.

The only difference being the tour groups, which I think start in July. They can clog up any FP line (Spaceship Earth, just a few weeks ago, for example) but there seem to be fewer groups these days and so maybe easier to avoid.

The only difference being the tour groups, which I think start in July. They can clog up any FP line (Spaceship Earth, just a few weeks ago, for example) but there seem to be fewer groups these days and so maybe easier to avoid.
Yeah I noticed that this summer there have not been posts about the tour groups like there was last summer.

The tour groups are there in June as well. At least the end of June. We usually go the last week of June and the first week of July, covering July 4th and I've always seen plenty of those groups. We just got back yesterday from 10 days(7/17 - 7/27) and I'd say that the number of tour groups was comparable. We enjoy being there on the 4th. It is definitely busier on the 3rd and the 4th but, if you go into it knowing that, it can be a good time.

Yeah I noticed that this summer there have not been posts about the tour groups like there was last summer.

There were still A LOT of 15s this July like always,BUT the non-stop 24/7 chanting is gone(there is still chanting at times) and the "chant dancing" is gone completely.

The Brazil and Argentina 15s were even "cool" toward each other after the Copa America semi-final!lol:)

Also I think the 2 biggest reasons for the drop in complaints is because of the Super Greeters and the use of Private Buses a good bit of the time.

July today is NOTHING like July in the "old days"- now that was someting to see!lol:)

There were tour groups everywhere during our trip!!!!!! The size of these groups were crazy. Every time we passed one, my kids would say ‘there’s another one!’ 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter