any Discovery Cove discounts???

turning40withMickey

I will never be too old for Disney!
We hope to enjoy Discovery Cove next summer, late June, July or early August (teacher here).

I know you get 14 days at Sea World and Aquatica, and the Discovery Cove day has breakfast, lunch and snacks all day....

but.........

It is still very expensive for a family of five:scared1:

I really need some discount code or special deal!!!

:worship: thanks for any help !

I also thought it was expensive for a family. But taking the entrance to Busch Gardens, this is definitely the best deal in Orlando, compared to Disney and Universal.

Unless the passholder discount changes next year, no discounts that I know of. This year, passholder discounts are only certain times of the year, and not in summer.

However, though it is expensive, you are getting an all inclusive day, including beer and alcoholic slushees, with a dolphin experience. Unless you are outside the US, I doubt you'd find a much cheaper dolphin experience than you get at DC. Plus, for an extra $20 per person, you also get BGT for 14 days. And, if you are going to visit the included parks more than 1 time, which is really nice to do, add a parking pass to your DC reservation (you must call to add it) and for around $25 dollars plus tax, you also get an unlimited free parking pass to use at SW, Aquadica, and BGT for 14 days. Not a bad deal.

Any amusement park is expensive. I found nothing is cheap, particularly now that both my kids are considered adults for tickets and food, even though younger one cannot eat like an adult nor ride everything.

The most cost effective use of the DC tickets is to enjoy the other Busch parks more than 1 day each. SW can easily be 2 days, and BGT can be too.

My DD really enjoyed meeting the dolphin, though we all enjoyed. It was a very relaxing day for us, and for that, worth the money to me.

It is good that I have a whole year to scrounge for deals..
and wrap my head around paying that much.....
I know there are a lot of things that go into it...the dolphin swim, the food and drinks all day, the passes to the parks.... It is just more than I was expecting per person.... I am sure I can talk myself into it;)

Unless the passholder discount changes next year, no discounts that I know of. This year, passholder discounts are only certain times of the year, and not in summer.

Yes, not for summer, I looked into the pass holder discounts.

However, though it is expensive, you are getting an all inclusive day, including beer and alcoholic slushees, with a dolphin experience. Unless you are outside the US, I doubt you'd find a much cheaper dolphin experience than you get at DC. Plus, for an extra $20 per person, you also get BGT for 14 days. And, if you are going to visit the included parks more than 1 time, which is really nice to do, add a parking pass to your DC reservation (you must call to add it) and for around $25 dollars plus tax, you also get an unlimited free parking pass to use at SW, Aquadica, and BGT for 14 days. Not a bad deal.

Dolphin swims are very expensive, anywhere! We love waterparks, and would definitely go to Aquatica several times.

Any amusement park is expensive. I found nothing is cheap, particularly now that both my kids are considered adults for tickets and food, even though younger one cannot eat like an adult nor ride everything.

Ditto on the adult "kids". My daughters definitely do no eat "adult" priced servings....

The most cost effective use of the DC tickets is to enjoy the other Busch parks more than 1 day each. SW can easily be 2 days, and BGT can be too.

We did Busch Gardens a couple years ago, other than the drive there, great park!

My DD really enjoyed meeting the dolphin, though we all enjoyed. It was a very relaxing day for us, and for that, worth the money to me.

It sounds like an awesome experience! I love the planning part, and searching for deals is fun for me. My DD has been begging for a dolphin swim for years....

:teacher:

Another thread suggests signing up for DC emails as there may be a chance of discounts that way. We want to go second week August next year and it is the most expensive time.

Wasn't there a discount from AmEx last year? It wasn't for the whole year. I'd have to search the old threads. I have read about some people getting discount offers through emails, although I've not gotten one, even though I have signed up to get emails.

Wasn't there a discount from AmEx last year? It wasn't for the whole year. I'd have to search the old threads. I have read about some people getting discount offers through emails, although I've not gotten one, even though I have signed up to get emails.

There is an american express discount for 2014 but blackout dates are June 1-Aug 31. :sad:

Another thread suggests signing up for DC emails as there may be a chance of discounts that way. We want to go second week August next year and it is the most expensive time.

Worth a try! I signed up for emails on there website and liked their facebook page for good measure.:cheer2:

See my other post where I did the math "Discovery Cove is a great deal! Really!" We just did a week all DC, SW, Aquatica; I know we spent less than our last two trips which were at WDW the whole time.

For my dates (Sept 7 - 14th), the Amex discount brought the 'Day Resort Package' to $149 from $169 PP

DC is still the cheapest to buy tickets for us over in the UK.

Can wait till we go back next year, will look into the car parking as well, it doesn't say anything about that online or anywhere in the UK!

Anyone able to get the link to bring up an active working purchase page? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a technical browser error or something.

I have not been able to the past couple days, which is of course when I was ready to buy. Hoping it comes back soon.

Passholders typically get discounts for them and up to 6 people at DC. We are platinum (but a purchase in Dec via Seasame for about $150 each!). I just booked 13 friends at DC for Nov trip for $99 each without dolphin swim.

Check out the cost of buying a 1 year SW annual pass for just one person. Then use that 1 persons pass to purchase the discounted DC tickets!

Passholders typically get discounts for them and up to 6 people at DC. We are platinum (but a purchase in Dec via Seasame for about $150 each!). I just booked 13 friends at DC for Nov trip for $99 each without dolphin swim.

Check out the cost of buying a 1 year SW annual pass for just one person. Then use that 1 persons pass to purchase the discounted DC tickets!

Unfortunately they limit the passholder discount to May, November, and I think December this year :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter