Any DREAM Concierge Reviews?

Biddler

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any reviews of the concierge lounge, service, one bedroom suites on the Dream?

I agree we need more info please.. We have a B 2 B 2 B booked for December but we are really worried as it sounds like security is so much that we are worried about taking part in the FE and our children love doing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Yes, please.... I'm tired of hearing about how rotten and pathetic the service is... I know they do not and will not put inexperienced staff for concierge guests.

Yes, please.... I'm tired of hearing about how rotten and pathetic the service is... I know they do not and will not put inexperienced staff for concierge guests.

I can't comment on concierge, but I thought service was fine! We had a new guy, but he certainly was pleasant and tried his best. Funniest thng was that he didn't understand the FE exchange at all, so we explained it to him (he kept bringing our gifts in for us!!) Everyone we encountered was very, very nice and tried hard.

You would think they would not assign inexperienced staff to concierge - but we just got home from Dream Feb 3 sailing and the staff was new and inexperienced- but very nice.

We have sailed concierge 4 times now, and the service has really gone down hill. There are so many concierge cabins on the new ship and they still only have 3 employees assigned to serve these guests.

The lounge was nice, always had food and drink available and always a staff member at the desk to answer any questions. They do offer an open bar from 5pm- 6pm and then again from 7:30- 8:30pm. The private sun deck was fantastic and always empty.

The answer to every question we had was no. No dining changes, no peanut butter and jelly crustables, no Mickey bars, no we can't fix all of the electronic problems in your room, etc. Maybe because they are so new to DCL they just don't know how to get things done.

The changes we noticed- no more treats delivered to stateroom- only first day fruit basket and food in lounge. No art print delivered as a thank you, not able to switch our dining from late to early. We assumed they would be able to handle that for us. Each night my husband asked them to call the restaurants to see if they could seat us at 6pm if someone went to Palo or something - never happened. The restaurant menus are no longer in your room to order from - the concierge must do it for you and only available at 6pm and 8:30pm. No more ordering from Palo unless you are in the Walt suite. Continental breakfast no longer available on last morning of cruise - must use the lounge.

The concierge gates are ugly and malfunction. Half the time they were open because a maintenance person was working on them. Other times you couldn't get out. Once I was actually leaving my stateroom and couldn't get out. You dont even need your key for that but it was locked and wouldn't let us leave. Luckily someone came out of the spa and used my card to open the door from the other side.

You would think they would not assign inexperienced staff to concierge - but we just got home from Dream Feb 3 sailing and the staff was new and inexperienced- but very nice.

We have sailed concierge 4 times now, and the service has really gone down hill. There are so many concierge cabins on the new ship and they still only have 3 employees assigned to serve these guests.

The lounge was nice, always had food and drink available and always a staff member at the desk to answer any questions. They do offer an open bar from 5pm- 6pm and then again from 7:30- 8:30pm. The private sun deck was fantastic and always empty.

The answer to every question we had was no. No dining changes, no peanut butter and jelly crustables, no Mickey bars, no we can't fix all of the electronic problems in your room, etc. Maybe because they are so new to DCL they just don't know how to get things done.

The changes we noticed- no more treats delivered to stateroom- only first day fruit basket and food in lounge. No art print delivered as a thank you, not able to switch our dining from late to early. We assumed they would be able to handle that for us. Each night my husband asked them to call the restaurants to see if they could seat us at 6pm if someone went to Palo or something - never happened. The restaurant menus are no longer in your room to order from - the concierge must do it for you and only available at 6pm and 8:30pm. No more ordering from Palo unless you are in the Walt suite. Continental breakfast no longer available on last morning of cruise - must use the lounge.

The concierge gates are ugly and malfunction. Half the time they were open because a maintenance person was working on them. Other times you couldn't get out. Once I was actually leaving my stateroom and couldn't get out. You dont even need your key for that but it was locked and wouldn't let us leave. Luckily someone came out of the spa and used my card to open the door from the other side.

This is very disappointing to say the least:sad2: A couple of questions could you still order hot breakfast to be delivered to the room? Did they give the kids any comp arcade cards? Did you have a Cat T ? What did you think of the space and storage in the suite compared to the Magic/Wonder? Thanks for the info:goodvibes

We could still have a hot breakfast but we did not this cruise. We did not get any comp arcade cards and they didn't seem to understand why we were asking. No popcorn for movies either.

We were in a Cat T (11018) and we have only stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on Wonder/Magic. At first, I thought it was way too small but now I am fine with it. Unpacking really helped. The bathroom feels much larger to me and you will love the TV in the bathroom mirror- very cool.

There was a small walk in closet in the entry hall which is where we unpacked most clothing. I used the drawers and shelves in the bathroom and there were drawers under the master bed. The entry hall had another closet we used for storage- bags and souvenirs. The living room TV stand had drawers as well. The 4 person table seemed a little small for us compared to the 2 room suite but it all worked. The pull out sofa in the living room was where our daughter slept and it was actually comfortable, our son slept on the twin murphy bed.

The kids used the entry hall bathroom and shower and we used ours. They no longer give us H20 products but the line of products from the spa (Elemis). I asked our attendant to get us the H20 products from another floor since I love their shampoo.

I thought the master bed was more comfortable than the Magic/Wonder but the room itself was a little cramped but once I unpacked and was not living out of a suitcase it was much better. When the murphy and sofa beds are open you really can't walk around. The room service guy had to come through our bedroom to get to the dining table.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help if I can. We are booked on the Fantasy in a T and considered switching to a T-V connecting but decided to keep only a T and unpack sooner so we aren't as cramped on the first day.

We could still have a hot breakfast but we did not this cruise. We did not get any comp arcade cards and they didn't seem to understand why we were asking. No popcorn for movies either.

We were in a Cat T (11018) and we have only stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on Wonder/Magic. At first, I thought it was way too small but now I am fine with it. Unpacking really helped. The bathroom feels much larger to me and you will love the TV in the bathroom mirror- very cool.

There was a small walk in closet in the entry hall which is where we unpacked most clothing. I used the drawers and shelves in the bathroom and there were drawers under the master bed. The entry hall had another closet we used for storage- bags and souvenirs. The living room TV stand had drawers as well. The 4 person table seemed a little small for us compared to the 2 room suite but it all worked. The pull out sofa in the living room was where our daughter slept and it was actually comfortable, our son slept on the twin murphy bed.

The kids used the entry hall bathroom and shower and we used ours. They no longer give us H20 products but the line of products from the spa (Elemis). I asked our attendant to get us the H20 products from another floor since I love their shampoo.

I thought the master bed was more comfortable than the Magic/Wonder but the room itself was a little cramped but once I unpacked and was not living out of a suitcase it was much better. When the murphy and sofa beds are open you really can't walk around. The room service guy had to come through our bedroom to get to the dining table.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help if I can. We are booked on the Fantasy in a T and considered switching to a T-V connecting but decided to keep only a T and unpack sooner so we aren't as cramped on the first day.

No more popcornpopcorn::Thank you again for your responses. More ???'s what kind of alcoholic beverages did the have during the set times? Was is it self-serve or did they have an attendant? Did they have any hot snacks available during evening hours? Did you use the sun deck and did that seem crowded? thanks:)

Wow, I've been really excited about our upcoming trip, but I'm disappointed in the changes. No treats? No room service on the last morning? Definitely bummed. So, basically only improvements are the lounge and private deck?

I would think that the treats are now in the lounge and where people can get them. I understand that delivering them was nicer but part of the lounge is so that you can have the snacks anytime you want along with the wine and beer service in the evening.

To my understanding you could never order from Palo in the one bedroom suites only the two bedroom suites on the magic and Wonder. Since there aren't any two bedroom suites on the Dream that perk is for the Royal suite guests, Roy and Walt suites.

This would be a huge issue for me. This is a major safety issue. I laughed off all the Titanic references when people first saw those gates, but now I have to rethink that. If I were locked behind that gate I guarantee it would be forceably removed from from the wall.

This is REALLY disappointing!! I'm still waiting to read a 'just kidding' post. Are they trying to ruin what made sailing concierge a special experience?? They can take the lounge, sundeck AND gate and stick it if it means the service and special touches aspect goes out the window. Saying "no" to your reasonable requests or blowing you off is unacceptable. That initial pow wow once on board when your concierge hosts can tweak everything for you was vital to the experience. With the exception of getting you into an excursion run by a third party that was full, they could do anything for you, especially when it came to dining or the spa.

I would think that the treats are now in the lounge and where people can get them. I understand that delivering them was nicer but part of the lounge is so that you can have the snacks anytime you want along with the wine and beer service in the evening.

Treats aren't limited to food. I'm referring to the arcade cards, pins, etc.

I have to agree with all this from our maiden voyage- more money and less service. We expected the lounge to be a plus, but just had to wait all the time to ask a question that was never answered. We did not even get the fruit bowl the first day. With more rooms they need to increase the staff. Most times i had to call guest services to get things straightened out or an answer and they often did not know. Hope you commented on the changes- we did and hope the service goes back to what we are used to.

I have to agree with all this from our maiden voyage- more money and less service. We expected the lounge to be a plus, but just had to wait all the time to ask a question that was never answered. We did not even get the fruit bowl the first day. With more rooms they need to increase the staff. Most times i had to call guest services to get things straightened out or an answer and they often did not know. Hope you commented on the changes- we did and hope the service goes back to what we are used to.

Zoinks!! You corroborate that experience? Not good!

so you didn't get a litho? We hught it was just the maiden voyage- everyone onboard got them and nothing extra for conciege.
the other we did not have since they added the lounge was the sail away reception with ship officers and a character one day.
The sun deck was nice, but could have had a water fountain or water available and a small hot tub would have been nice. It is not close enough to get wet in the pool when it is hot out.
The food offerings in the lounge on ur cruise were not kid friendly and always the same. This whole concierge experience was the only bad part of our cruise- where usually it is the best part. All the little things were gone- no weather report, no taking care of your problems.

Here is part of the decription of a concierge room on the Dream from the Disney Cruise Line website.

Special Treats Delivered
While staying in a Concierge Suite, you benefit from daily delights delivered to your door, such as canapés, fruit and cookies.

If they are not doing this, they really should update the website. I booked a concierge room for 2/20 expecting everything listed on the site. Otherwise I would have booked two connecting staterooms to get the space. I wonder if Disney has gotten any complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter