• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Experiences Staying In Same Room With Two Different Reservations?

Scoobypop

Mouseketeer
Hello. My husband and I have two different contracts and different membership numbers. Initially we had two nights at SS for end of October, followed by two nights at BC. Yesterday upon stalking, we found the first two nights available at BC, so modified his reservation to BC, so we now are at BC 10/26-10/30, but two different reservations and two different memberships. We did not cancel his and book under mine, since it was past the 30 days and didn't want his points to go into holding. Does anyone have any experience inquiring at check in if it's possible to stay in the same room? I called DVC this morning and they said it's not likely but he would make a note. It's not a huge deal if we have to move rooms on the 3rd day, but was just wondering if anyone has had luck with my situation and staying in the same room for all four nights. Thank you in advance.

If you email then and ask them to make a note that the reservations are back to back and you’d like to keep your room, they’ll do their best. Usually they can since it helps them avoid an extra move out clean, but it’s not always possible!

I had a similar situation several years ago when I used my points for the front half of the vacation and my sister used hers for the second half and we didn't want to switch rooms, so I called either DVC or Boardwalk (couldn't remember which) ahead of time to make the request. When we checked in, they couldn't find any note about combining the two reservations but the cast member said not a problem and she made a note of it in the system so that we didn't have to switch mid-stay. When I got an email receipt the last day of the first reservation, my heart sank as I thought the system did not come through. However, when I went to the front desk, they said not to worry since the two reservations were under different credit cards, so they wanted to close out the first reservation with the email receipt and we didn't have to vacate our room. I guess I was just used to associating the receipt with move-out day!

I wouldn't worry about it...it really is in their best interest not to have you switch rooms, like the previous poster noted.

Hello. My husband and I have two different contracts and different membership numbers. Initially we had two nights at SS for end of October, followed by two nights at BC. Yesterday upon stalking, we found the first two nights available at BC, so modified his reservation to BC, so we now are at BC 10/26-10/30, but two different reservations and two different memberships. We did not cancel his and book under mine, since it was past the 30 days and didn't want his points to go into holding. Does anyone have any experience inquiring at check in if it's possible to stay in the same room? I called DVC this morning and they said it's not likely but he would make a note. It's not a huge deal if we have to move rooms on the 3rd day, but was just wondering if anyone has had luck with my situation and staying in the same room for all four nights. Thank you in advance.
As others have said, notify MS now that the two reservations are a “continuing reservation,” and you won’t have to move. You can call, chat or email and just give the two confirmation numbers.

Yes, ‘continuing reservation’ worked for me. To be safe, on the first day of check in it is recommended to confirm with the front desk that they got the note and you do not need to move.

Thank you all for the suggestions, will email them now and confirm at check in as well. I appreciate the answers!

I do this all the time and never had an issue. As mentioned, have DVC note on both reservations that you are the same party and check it when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter