Any fellow ride chickens out there who have ridden RnRC and/or MS orange?

I'll give my two cents.

For MSOrange, I hadn't been on that side since it first opened until last month. You don't feel the spin at all, but you do feel the pressure. For me, I was ready for the feel of 0 gravity about 1-2 seconds before the 3 or 4 Gs let up, so I was relieved it wasn't any longer than it was. I wasn't feeling nauseous, just was ready for the pressure to ease up. I would do it again, but couldn't do it back-to-back like other simulator rides.

I wasn't aware that you were supposed to get the feel of zero gravity after launch... I never experienced that.

I hated Mission Space orange. Claustrophobia was terrible. I would never ride it again!

I'v been riding Mission Space orange for years and only recently has my anxiety been progressively getting worse. At first it was because I was afraid of motion sickness (which I don't get) and i don't like the feel of my eyes twitching back and forth during the spinning (you can't feel the spin, but your body knows what is going on!)

Last time I rode last week, though, I realized just how closed in I was. I started to PANIC. I was breathing heavily, heart pounding, etc. I had to close my eyes. I was actually thinking to myself "I wish there was a panic button to open the capsule. It went away after about 30 seconds.

I think my mind is just taking over my emotions and the more I overthink, the more I find to panic about.

Last time I rode last week, though, I realized just how closed in I was. I started to PANIC. I was breathing heavily, heart pounding, etc. I had to close my eyes. I was actually thinking to myself "I wish there was a panic button to open the capsule. It went away after about 30 seconds.

That is how I felt, but the feeling lasted most of the ride. It is a very closed in feeling that I didn't expect.

@smmcgarry Well, it may not be 0 gravity, but after the 3-4 Gs, it sure felt like it to me. I just know I was ready for that initial thrust to be over, and was glad when it was.

Lol my DH is a ride chicken and cursed loudly the whole entire RNRC from start to finish. Lickily it was off season and no kids on the ride that time!! If you are afraid of coasters maybe this is one to skip. ( I personally love it) can't comment on orange because I have always been scared d/t a heart murmur since people have died on it so add me to the chicken list

I am a somewhat ride chicken. I can do Flights of Passage no problem but Mission Space Orange made me so sick we had to leave Epcot for the rest of the day. I normally don't get motion sickness but this ride just trigger something bad the day I rode it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter