Any First-hand Experience at this D.R. Resort?

You picked the wrong Island. Go to Maui. Much more "Hawaiian". Expedia has Kaanapali Beach Hotel in April for $3200 Canadian for flight and hotel for a week for two, April 9th out of Edmonton (I think that's where you are?). I'd take that any trip any day over any Caribbean Island. Much different vibe that Honolulu.

@ronandannette If you're Costco members, check into their travel packages to Hawaii. They include resort, flight and rental car...at least the US packages do. They are a great deal.
Thanks both of you - I appreciate your opinion. :beach: We specifically went to Oahu instead of Maui the first time because we LOVE the city and wanted to be in the heart of Honolulu right on Waikiki Beach. It was the perfect Hawaii vacation for us and we loved it. Maui and especially Kuauai (from what we've heard) sound like a big yawn.

Thanks again @Jennasis for your take on the resort. {{sigh}}} It's looking more and more like we will just have to suck it up and increase out budget enough to accommodate a cruise, which at least we know we will enjoy.

Thanks both of you - I appreciate your opinion. :beach: We specifically went to Oahu instead of Maui the first time because we LOVE the city and wanted to be in the heart of Honolulu right on Waikiki Beach. It was the perfect Hawaii vacation for us and we loved it. Maui and especially Kuauai (from what we've heard) sound like a big yawn.

Thanks again @Jennasis for your take on the resort. {{sigh}}} It's looking more and more like we will just have to suck it up and increase out budget enough to accommodate a cruise, which at least we know we will enjoy.

Maui is very different from Kauai. It has everything, restaurants, sailing and doesn't look like another American city with palm trees and a beach like Oahu. And many more things to do than DR or Jamaica. To me they are super boring run down islands.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter