Any Good Ticket Discounts Out There?

Stacy's a freak

wrangles snakes
We are going in Mid-Late July and I missed the Travelzoo ticket offer :(

I see that Undercover Tourist has 3 day, park-to-park for about $210 for adults. Are there any other places I should look from now until we go? I would hate to miss out on a deal like Travelzoo had a few weeks ago.

Any other suggestions? Or if anyone sees anything, please post here! I'll keep checking back :)

i got two emails this week for specials on packages that include the buy 2 day park tickets, get the third day free.

check their ticket site to see if you can get the ticket special without the package.

Daily Getaways is selling Four 3day park to park tickets for $700. They go on sale on Monday April 13

Have you purchased from Daily Getaways before? Is this a reliable dealer? Does the cost include tax? Trying to compare prices and find the best deal as well. Thanks

I'm also wondering if anyone has used Daily Getaways and the logistics. I hate to plunk down $700 for something that might be shady.

I'm curious if anyone has used Daily Getaway as well. It looks like a good deal.

This is the part that makes me a little nervous though:

"
Upon purchase, you will be given the name of a Universal representative whom you will be responsible for contacting to coordinate your ticket pick up. Tickets will be set up for guest pick up at theme park on buyer requested date.

PLEASE GIVE AT LEAST 14 DAYS PRIOR NOTICE."

We're not going till September what id the name I am given is not longer valid or never was...

there is an active thread titled, "very worried about tickets i just bought" that is about the Daily Getaway tickets.

don't know if there has been more activity on it since i last posted there.

Daily Getaways is selling Four 3day park to park tickets for $700. They go on sale on Monday April 13.

That's a little low. I would rather save more money to pay a trusted site like undercover tourists. I like sleeping at at night. Google search says don't trust them.

That's a little low. I would rather save more money to pay a trusted site like undercover tourists. I like sleeping at at night. Google search says don't trust them.

I just searched them and found several sites that recommend them. I am pretty invested in this being a reliable source since I am the one that began the other thread and already purchased the tickets. I am going to follow up on here as soon as I confirm through the email and phone. Now feeling worried again. But, I just read a few accounts of people using them successfully, but more for hotel points.

I just searched them and found several sites that recommend them. I am pretty invested in this being a reliable source since I am the one that began the other thread and already purchased the tickets. I am going to follow up on here as soon as I confirm through the email and phone. Now feeling worried again. But, I just read a few accounts of people using them successfully, but more for hotel points.
I'm the person who purchases hotel points from Daily Getaways every year. I can tell you that Daily Getaways is completely fine. It's a month-long series of daily deals sponsored by the US Travel Association. Go to the US Travel Association website and you'll see the Daily Getaways picture pop-up on the home page (you may need to wait for it to scroll though other pictures first). And Universal includes park tickets within these Daily Getaways deals every year.

* I'm not trying to convince anyone to purchase anything. I'm just trying to help ease concerns for anyone who has already purchased tickets,

thank you Ejpats for helping out in this question.

i believe the email address for the contact in picking up the tickets is an universal one.
base that on what i have read on other sites.

i have the AP and only cover the park tickets if others are joining me on my trips.
but i still have a stash of the older 7 day passes to use up first before i need to buy tickets again.

Daily Getaways is perfectly legit. They've been doing this every year. The biggest issue is that there are limited supply and the tickets are likely to sell out in seconds.

Boy I wish I had a time machine to go back and buy a stack of those 3 day non-expiring tickets. The first year I got them for $99 .. . .

For years I did Universal as a 1-day side trip while at Disney. So hard to do the 1-day ones now without non-expiring tickets.

I'm sorry. I went back a searched the parent company, they look legit. Most of the complains are about final sales, and points.. Nothing about tickets. Your going to have a great time.

Thank you all. It is kind of sad that we even have to worry about something like this not being legit, isn't it? But that's life I guess. Anyway, I did get a call back from the contact person and she was so nice. She does work for Universal. I just have to email her again(my first one never got there) and she will send me a Universal confirmation number as well as the name of another person at Universal. It is the Universal number I need to show at Guest Services to get my actual tickets. I just need the email. She has told me it will also include her cell number in case there are any problems, which she assured me there wouldn't be anyway, but just in case.
After our trip I will be sure to come on and post in here how everything went just in case anyone ever has the same questions I had this time.
So, big sigh of relief here tonight. :D
oh, and I also emailed Daily getaways as well and they got back to me right away assuring me I would be contacted within a day.
Now, better go order those Disney tickets..thinking UT for those. This is the first time I have booked things through so many different sites, etc...rather than use a AAA TA.

Curious: Just went to Daily Getaways and they had this listed:

On their home pg:

"We're sorry, Daily Getaways has ended."

I checked out their twitter..last post on May 8, but their link refers back to their "DG has ended" screen. So, when their offer period ends (in this case, May 8), that's that... No more offers until next year? Or do they have offers throughout the year?

Best guess after researching, that summer is prime season and US is not likely to give out discounts. I'm not surprised but I will keep looking :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter