Any "green" St. Patty's Day recipes to share?

mla973

DIS Veteran
We have a St. Patrick's Day potluck at work this year. I'm just looking for something simple, but fun. Appetizer, dessert, meat, etc.

Please share ideas/links if you have them. Thanks!

make the usual dirt cake but add green food coloring too the cake mix before baking and to the pudding and whipped topping!!!!!!!

For potlucks on St.Patty's day I usually will make "watergate salad". It comes out a lighter green color but you can as a drop or two of food coloring to help it along if you want darker. Can't remember the exact recipe, but I usually dont follow it anyways. Here are the ingedients though. Its green and yummy.

pistachio pudding mix
cool whip
mini marshmallows
drained crused pinnepple
chopped nuts

I have to send a green snack to school with dd. I am going to make green chocolate covered pretzels, by adding green food coloring gel to the melted white chocolate. :shamrock:

I just made a pistachio cake. Very easy and really good. Is very moist and freezes well.

1 box white cake mix
1 small box(3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
1 tsp almond extract (optional)
4 eggs
green food coloring

mix cake ,mix and dry pudding together. add oil and water and extraxt. If more green color is deisred add food coloring to water to get desired gren color. mix. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition. mix about 5 minutes on low speed. Pour into a bundt pan or angel food cake pan. Bake on 350 for 45-50 minutes.

Jiminy102 said:
I just made a pistachio cake. Very easy and really good. Is very moist and freezes well.

Thanks for sharing this one. Sounds perfect for dessert on St. Patrick's Day.

Tricia ::MinnieMo

Every year, the leprechaun turns my kids' milk green... (with food coloring) he also leaves his footprints around the house and causes mischief (like overturned couch cushions or something...) with a bag of gold waiting!

Other treats... exactly green but "pot of gold" cups... kind of like dirt pudding... chocolate pudding topped with yellow m&m's... and sometimes I can find shamrock shaped food picks or candies (like the ones that go on cakes) to add to the top...

My son's teachers brought some goodies to class today and it included green cheese cake (I imagine they just added green food coloring to the batter), green iced cookies, guacomole doritos (these were the kids favorites, green chips) and green hawaiin punch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter