Any Happy Sea World Campers Out There?

mousebit

DIS Veteran
Sea World has a day camp this summer for middle schoolers called "Wild Careers." DGD11 is interested, but I'm wondering if 5 days might be a little too much of a good thing. Anybody have - or know of - kids who have gone to Sea World camps? TIA

My dds have gone to SW(San Antonio) day camp the last couple of years. They love it! They are 8 and 10. My 10 year old is going to a week long SW residental camp this summer. She can't wait! We have had great experiances with the camps. The counselors are wonderful. The camps are fully accredited and the counselors have extensive training. We are very pleased with what they get out of camp every summer for the $$ we pay.

Thanx Cindy! Can you tell me a little more? Did they get to spend time in the park - rides & shows? (Trying to decide if we want to plan another full day for those things or if she'll have had enough during camp.) Do they have planned activities inside during the hottest part of the days? Did they enjoy any special animal encounters? Was the day trip to Busch Gardens spent touring the park or doing behind-the-scenes stuff? Any info is much appreciated! :goodvibes

i went to the advanced career camp last year, and am going again this summer (in orlando) it was the best time of my life, i know in my camp (it was a residential one) we basically got to do everything that SW offered, and there was some younger campers there, for the day camps, the councilers are great, they make sure that the kids always have water, and arent over heating, they try to make sure that you are doing inside things during the hottest parts of the day, and yes, all the campers get to ride the rides and see everything, it was so much fun, i cant wait to go this summer

My neighbor is actually a counselor for the day camps. She was telling me about it, it sounds like a lot of backstage access--for example, kids can touch a penguin (don't know why, but that stayed with me from the conversation). She also mentioned there are arts-and-crafts at some point in the day, I am guessing mid-afternoon when it's brutally hot outside. Honestly, I was jealous that I didn't get to try it when I was a kid, it sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

yes, it truly is a once in a life time experiance (only for me its a twice in a life time) but yes, you get to touch a penguin, touch dolphins, play games and learn all about the animals. its an amazing program

i went to the advanced career camp last year, and am going again this summer (in orlando) it was the best time of my life, i know in my camp (it was a residential one) we basically got to do everything that SW offered, and there was some younger campers there, for the day camps, the councilers are great, they make sure that the kids always have water, and arent over heating, they try to make sure that you are doing inside things during the hottest parts of the day, and yes, all the campers get to ride the rides and see everything, it was so much fun, i cant wait to go this summer

Hi! My name is Stephanie and I went to Sea World's Advanced Career Camp Last summer in Orlando too and had an amazing time. I am also returning this summer with a friend i met at camp last year and one of my friends from home! When are you headed to camp this summer?

p.s. This is my mom's name I accidently posted on hers instead of mine! Sorry! Mine is Skminnie48!

i am going to the July 9-14th week, have you already picked a date for your camp? and when did u go last year? i went to the July 31-Aug 5th one (or around that date) it was the last advanced career camp of the summer, and who were your councilers? lol, sorry, im pretty excited to have found someone on these boards that went/ and is going to camp :)

I am actually headed to camp the session I suppose that is after your's which is July 16 -21. Last year I was there July 10 -15. My counselors were Chris and Leigh Anne, but I also had Bethany, Sandy, and I think Cory. I live in Fort Lauderdale so I am not far from Seaworld so I have visited many times since camp and have met other counselors who will be working this summer and have told me about how the ones I had were doing! What counselors did you have?

I apologize for posting on my mom's name again, I thought I had switched names! Sorry!

My kids 7 and 9 are going to the day camp for the first time this summer. I'm glad to hear that the counselors are so good. My oldest has asperger's and I am kind of worried about him. He is very high functioning though and a definite Sea World enthusiast. If all goes well this summer, I can see this becoming an every year thing. Heck this Sea World day camp is only $10 more than I paid for him to attend a Chess day camp last summer.

yea the councilers are awesome, i still keep in touch with one of them, and there is always guys and girls as the councilers so that if a child has a problem and they feel more comfortable talking to an adult of the same gender they can, they also are very educated about the animals, and are all CPR and Lifeguard certified. they are pretty amazing lol

I am so glad I found this thread! We just learned about the Sea World day camp this week, and my son who is almost 10 is very excited about going. We live about 2 hours away from Sea World, though, so we are going to have to find accomodations in Orlando. I'm thinking of camping at Ft. Wilderness.

He hates roller coasters, though, and I've heard that the kids sometimes get to do those things during the camp day. Is that a big part of each day? Are there options for kids who don't like roller coasters?

Your 10 year old will have a blast!! And its fine if he doesnt like rollercoasters, the kids have an option to go on them, but its not mandatory or n e thing. And it isnt a big part of the day, The kids that dont want to go on Kraken, can ride Journey to Atlantis, or check out the stores (with a counsilor) But i dont think you should worry about that, its really not a big part of the day or anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter