No more Studio mini-fridges?

Sorry to hijack the thread but do the studios at BLT have a mini fridge or a beverage cooler? Staying at a 1 bedroom at Saratoga beforehand and plan on bringing over the groceries I buy when swapping resorts.

We’ve only ever had a mini-fridge in our BLT studio stays. 💁🏼‍♀️

I had heard that they were putting mini-fridges back into VGF Resort Studios as well. I'm also trying to confirm.
The last time I was in GFV Resort room was January 2023, and it was a beverage cooler. So entirely possible that it's changed since then!

The VGF POS says it has to have an “under counter refrigerator” which I personally think either device pretty clearly qualifies as.
Bingo. Interesting. I used our beverage cooler at POR in January no different, worked fine. Disney wouldn't be changing them back out unless they were forced too, would they?🤔

Bingo. Interesting. I used our beverage cooler at POR in January no different, worked fine. Disney wouldn't be changing them back out unless they were forced too, would they?🤔
I dunno. At a DVC resort, it’s not their money.

I've never used one, but many say a beverage cooler doesn't get as cold as fridge unit. I've read beverage cooler run between 41-45 degree, yet food should be under 40. I thought between 40 and 140 was the danger zone for food safety.

Wonder if this is the reason for the change? At value resorts they have coolers but no cooking ability in the room. In the studio , since they have a microwave and toaster, one would think they is some type of food involved.

Beverage coolers are not really comparable to a mini fridge. If you fill a beverage cooler with drinks, food, dairy, and some leftovers, you’re gonna have a bad time. Disney probably thought they covered their bases with allowing people to store meds in their walk in, but didn’t account for breastfeeding mothers who need to store milk.

Beverage coolers are not really comparable to a mini fridge. If you fill a beverage cooler with drinks, food, dairy, and some leftovers, you’re gonna have a bad time. Disney probably thought they covered their bases with allowing people to store meds in their walk in, but didn’t account for breastfeeding mothers who need to store milk.
Absolutely not true. Do you think Disney would risk that?

Absolutely not true. Do you think Disney would risk that?

Ok. I’ll disregard my personal first hand experience of exactly that because YOU said it isn’t true. I’m not even remotely going to argue with some dude on the internet over this, enjoy your day.

Ok. I’ll disregard my personal first hand experience of exactly that because YOU said it isn’t true. I’m not even remotely going to argue with some dude on the internet over this, enjoy your day.
Have a lovely weekend! And I'm not a dude. 😍

Beverage cooler definitely wouldn't work for me - could live without a freezer, but need a legit fridge...big time milk drinker in morning and late night, so I have to keep a nice, ice cold half-gallon of milk in my room - some beverage coolers wouldn't fit the half-gallon cartons and definitely wouldn't get cold enough. Haven't run into a beverage cooler yet at any DVC spot, fortunately - I'd definitely have to raise a stink, get moved, or have a fridge brought in.

So do the owners pay for disney's bad move? What happens to all the coolers that were installed last year?
I'm thinking so. They will hit the owners with any DVC replacements? Sorry as, we'll. I'm assuming that the beverage coolers inability to get as cold as a mini fridge is the cost savings here? I could see this becoming the new industry standard? Shocked that the entire hotel industry hasn't completely eliminated the guest toiletries yet.

I’m trying to remember which fridge we had where… we’ve had the beverage cooler a couple times.

The regular mini-fridges work better for us overall. Sometimes the top shelf under freezer gets so cold it freezes stuff. I’ve learned to put salads, etc low down and small containers of half&half on the door. Being able to freeze our water bottles is highly preferred, and beverage coolers can’t do that. They come in handy whether it’s having cold water to drink in the hot parks all day, keeping a small park cooler cold, keeping stuff like Germany caramel from melting…

Whether or not DVC/WDW had profits in mind with bev coolers, I’d think feedback could get them to re-evaluate. Maybe that’s what happened here. Whatever the motive in the end it wasn’t working as planned. The negatives did not outweigh positives. At some point the front desk doesn’t want to deal with same complaints repeatedly if it can be helped.

Whether or not DVC/WDW had profits in mind with bev coolers,
Well, they could stand their ground when it comes to the WDW resorts, but when it’s the DVC resorts I hope they’d listen to the owners, who are the ones paying. So the more owners who tell DVC they want mini fridges, not beverage coolers, in the studios, the better.

Well, they could stand their ground when it comes to the WDW resorts, but when it’s the DVC resorts I hope they’d listen to the owners, who are the ones paying. So the more owners who tell DVC they want mini fridges, not beverage coolers, in the studios, the better.
I think that’s what has happened too. They started going i the direction of beverage coolers, and now they are altering course to 2 door freezer/fridge options because of the feedback. Hope that the case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter