Any hope of a reservation

jeeptruck

Mouseketeer
Just a quick question. Looking to go on a trip 10/29-11/4 and would love to stay at a tent site. I know it is popular and of course is completely booked right now. Will people drop off and cancel as I get closer or should I just go ahead and book somewhere else? ($520.46 at ASMo on travelocity is the cheapest I see).

Keep trying people will cancel. You may have to piece it together day by day. A back up plan is never a bad idea.

Or you may have to book more days than you need and after reservation confirmation, call and cancel what you do not need

reservation system can be FUNKY sometimes

Just a quick question. Looking to go on a trip 10/29-11/4 and would love to stay at a tent site. I know it is popular and of course is completely booked right now. Will people drop off and cancel as I get closer or should I just go ahead and book somewhere else? ($520.46 at ASMo on travelocity is the cheapest I see).

Well here is how you try. You will have to do it via multiple reservations.

Take what you can get now. Given where Halloween falls, you probably can't get Friday and Saturday night but you can get the rest of your nights in a Tent site.

Start trying pretty frequently as we approach the 45-day window before arrival for people coming in that week of October. 45 days is the limit that folks with packages (site/tix/rooms, etc) can make changes with no penalties - so early-mid September you might find availability. Then keep trying all the way up to late October. People with room-only reservations can make changes with no penalties up to 5 days before arrival. You can look on-line even one night at a time but I think you might have better luck calling.

Folks do this for holiday periods, etc and it's worked more often then not but you have to be persistent. Good luck to you!

Bama Ed

I'm trying. I have the 29th-30th booked as well as the 2nd-4th. Now just to get the 30th-2nd...

Here is to hoping!

Really hope this works out! Every time I call they think I'm crazy trying to piece together a reservation

I predict you will make it if you keep trying as frequently as it sounds. But keep in mind call more frequently the closer it gets to the 45 day window timeframe.

Don't stress over it, just keep trying.

Bama Ed

PS - remember me next time you patronize the Hogfish Bar & Grill on Stock Island :drinking1. We liked that place....

That was the last place I went to before departing on our last cruise. They say we should be back soon. Hence the fort reservation :)

If anyone cares I managed to get all the days I wanted. Had to do one reservation 29th-2nd and one odd reservation of 30oct-nov 6 because 30-4 wouldn't work. Just called them to combine and change days :D

If anyone cares I managed to get all the days I wanted. Had to do one reservation 29th-2nd and one odd reservation of 30oct-nov 6 because 30-4 wouldn't work. Just called them to combine and change days :D

:banana:

Good deal! Glad you were able to piece it together.:thumbsup2

Congrats jeeptruck!

You are another success story (we have many of those here). If it looks like you're blocked out, a little perseverance and elbow grease goes a long way. Have a great Halloween trip. :woohoo:

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter