any hotels near DLR that are under $100?

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
hi we usually stay at knottsberry farm in Buena park. they have pretty good rates. usually under $100 on weekdays ($ 89 or $99) . and around $109 on Friday and Sat.

are there any clean hotels near DLR(within walking dist) that are simiar in price (or less ) that you recommend?

Its not walking distance, but the Wyndam in Garden Grove is $89.00 a night.. they have a FREE shuttle......
Good luck, anything close by, is up there in price, do you LOCATION.

--Lori

We are staying at the Ayres Orange. The average rate was 106 per night out the door. It is not within walking but got high reviews, made to order breakfast, and has a shuttle.

Within walking I have stayed at Anahiem Plaza. It's older but clean and has a huge pool. No breakfast and you pay for parking. You can sometimes find this one for at/around 100; but not always.

If you book well in advance, Desert Inn and Suites can be below $100. I believe I'm paying $89 a night for my January trip, but I booked in July.

I haven't stayed there yet, but I have reservations for the Tropicana for
$99/nt. This amount reflects a 20% discount for staying more than 5 nts. Most of the others in close walking distance on Harbor were 120 - 150 nt.

I believe the Motel 6 and Super 8 are reasonable walking distance, and under $100. I was planning to stay at the Motel 6 on my last trip, but got a great deal on the Red Lion through Priceline. The Motel 6 has recently been renovated, not sure what the Super 8 is like.

I am paying $109 at the Best Western Park Place Inn for Nov 7-9. I did book early tho!
Joanne

Anytime we're in the Disney area we always book priceline "name your price". Always able to book a 3 1/2 star room for anywhere between $55-75 a night plus resort taxes. Mostly has been a doubletree or marriott hotel. Always nice place especially for the price we have no complaints.

Its not walking distance, but the Wyndam in Garden Grove is $89.00 a night.. they have a FREE shuttle.....

--Lori

Lori:

I think the shuttle was free, but no longer.

At Christmas, I'm staying at the Sheraton Garden Grove which I believe is beside the Wyndam. I had read conflicting things about the shuttle, so before I booked, I contacted the hotel for clarification.

Apparently, the Sheraton, Wyndam, and nearby Residence Inn share the shuttle. It runs on a half hour schedule (leaves the hotels at 0:15 and 0:45, and leaves Disneyland on the hour and on the half hour). The shuttle is almost free: no charge for aged 9 and under, $3 per day for everyone else. My information is correct as of Sept 10, 2014.

In my case, the daily savings staying at the Garden Grove Sheraton (as opposed to one of the two Anaheim Sheratons) more than makes up for the daily $12 shuttle fee.

I've never stayed at the Wyndam, but I think it would probably be a good choice. As I recall from my September investigations, the only reason I didn't book them for a couple of days was because the Wyndam doesn't have a free breakfast, which is a deal breaker for me (I could be wrong about the free breakfast; I investigated 5 or 6 Garden Grove hotels, and the details are kind of jumbled up in my mind).

Within walking distance, I'd vote for the Super 8 on Katella which Zanzibar138 has already mentioned. I used to stay there a couple of times a year, good value for the dollar (let's call it "consistently mediocre"). No fridge in the room, which is about my only complaint.

+++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT: I just had a look at recent Tripadvisor reviews, and it appears the Katella Super 8 now has fridges in each room, so my complaint is no longer valid.

I have stayed at the Quality Inn on South Manchester many times when I go by myself.. It is a 10 min. walk to the park. It is just down the block from Howard Johnsons on Harbour. You can join their Chioce Priviledges program free online and get good rates under $100. It is clean and safe but nothing special.They recently sold off half their property so they now only have half as many rooms so they sell out regularly. It depends on the season but I once got a room for $59 before tax, etc. This Sept. I got a room for $79 before tax ,parking, etc.

You can get Desert Inn and Suites for under $100/night, and it's across the street from the pedestrian entrance. However, it's definitely a situation where you must book early for the best prices. They have rooms for $69 if booked early early early.

Try the Alpine Inn on Katella. Free parking,fridge and micro-waves.
:thumbsup2

Motel 6 usually has great rates and is very clean. Alpine Inn is also very good, as it the Quality Inn.

I agree that the Motel 6 is a great option. Walking distance and I've paid as little as $49 a night for a weekday or $89 on weekends in the "low season". It is very clean and a great value.

I have gotten both Anaheim Plaza on Harbor and America's Best on Katella for under $100

I usually stay at Best Western Stovall's on Katella (about a 10 minute walk) & I've never paid over $75 a night for it, but I reserve it far in advance either through their website or lastminutetravel.com. Besides being walking distance, it's also serviced by the ART bus & has a decent free breakfast buffet ::yes::

Stovall is great. We stayed there last month but the rate was higher than I'd ever paid! Even with a government discount it was $125 with parking. I was shocked. We stayed mid week sept 24-26.

Stovall is great. We stayed there last month but the rate was higher than I'd ever paid! Even with a government discount it was $125 with parking. I was shocked. We stayed mid week sept 24-26.

Oh, wow! I wonder why the price was so high then, even with the discount??? Was there a special event going on at the time? I feel even more lucky now that I got my room there in December for around $80 a night...

Anytime we're in the Disney area we always book priceline "name your price". Always able to book a 3 1/2 star room for anywhere between $55-75 a night plus resort taxes. Mostly has been a doubletree or marriott hotel. Always nice place especially for the price we have no complaints.

Question for you: Do you have to book this months in advance for a trip or Do you book this a few weeks in advance? I've been leary of Name your own price because you must prepay on this option.

There were no special events or anything going on. I was really surprised at the price. But it was still a relatively good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter