Any Husbands here do all the planning?

My wife couldn't plan her way out of a paper bag. She's so flighty. So I get to plan everything and she goes along with it.

Not to hijack the thread, but the Excel spreadsheet has me curious. I keep track with pen and paper and a spiral bound notebook and two or three times a year a printout of all of my contracts and points. I have many contracts and some different use years. Can someone share their way of planning/keeping track with a spreadsheet? Thanks.

Not only do I own Disney planning (and timeshare usage generally), I also make dinner nightly.

I am, however, forbidden from doing anyone else's laundry. Apparently, I am not reliable in spotting.

This is true for me too. Even though my wife will plan a room renovation down to timing and cost of materials, she has no interest planning for vacations until it is time to pack.

I am not allowed to touch laundry until it is already sorted and delicates already bagged.

I do all of the holiday planning, it's considered one of the husband jobs in the family like taking out the trash...

I do all the travel and transportation planning. We usually split the hotel - sometimes I do it, sometimes she does - no real "set" way. She usually tells me what park what day and I do the fast passes.

She does all the food and I do all the drinking!

I do all the research and most of the planning...then share everything with my wife...she may tweak it a little from time to time.

I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

My mother is the actual DVC member. She has made me an associate. She likes to save her points ( bank and borrow ) to do a HUGE family trip every two years. She brings my wife and I and our 3 kids, my brother and his GF, 2 of my cousins and their families. We are 18 going in 2016.

I do *all* the planning. Including flights, hotels, ADR's and *to some extent* FP+. The last one is only because my mother has a select few rides she wants to do with everyone, so I book those, then obviously let everyone go about their own days.

Obviously, all of that with input from the group.

DW and I will usually sit down first and decide where and when the vacation will be, make sure we are both able to book the time off work and decide on the min and max budgets. Then it's time for me to work my magic, find the best flights, get the best deal on hotels and attractions, rental car deals etc etc.
I love the Internet for this stuff. I think I must have been a travel agent in another life, I get such an adrenaline rush from booking all this and finding special pricing etc. Even have several of our friends who come to me for advise or help booking their vacations.
Hmmm, maybe I have found my semi-retirement occupation!?

lol...DW insists on me doing the planning, but once we arrive she heads for the gift shops, Fastpasses or ADRs be darned. :)

(She's a constant complainer about how "structured" things have become instead of just "going with it." But truth be told, I'd rather ride than shop and we have issues no matter where we go. :love2: )

My wife (love her) couldn't find, much less log in to, the DVC website... Nor do I think she knows there's a DVC App or that you can book rides in advance... :duck:

My Mrs. tells me where we are staying and the must do dining. The planning and booking is my responsibility which I am thrilled (obsessed more accurately) to do!

I handle 99% of our vacation planning. I bounce our itinerary off of my wife but when I ask for her opinion the answer is typically "oh you emailed me another spreadsheet for me to look at? I must have missed it". Of course after dozens of trips we are largely on auto pilot for WDW trips these day.

I do all the planning. My husband likes to stay out of it so that if somebody doesn't like something I've planned, I can take all the flak. Like our trip in June, when he failed to communicate the plans with the adult daughter of his cousin and her son. Then she got all bent out of shape. She was the one who took herself off my MDE account. If she had stayed on my account, then I could have made her fast passes at the same time as ours automatically. I asked my husband to ask his cousins which fast passes they would like, but, he either doesn't do it, or they don't answer him. Then they get mad at me because I schedule fast passes and meals that I would like and can afford. Or, they act like I'm trying to exclude them if I don't make plans for them to join us.

Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

Yes, I do the vast majority of the planning for WDW visits, with input from DW and kids. I also do planning for other families and neighbours as necessary. It's fun...most of the time.

I am the researcher, planner and points manager (and DH), but I get plenty of input from both DW and kids. We pick the week and I check what's available. I give that info to the family and we pick where we are staying. Once booked I get everyone's imput on restaurants(must-do's, nice-to-do's, and don't do's) and then go back to try and get as many as possible. Repeat for FP's.

I do all the planning, she does all the packing, then I take out half of what she packs and she packs again!

I also end up hijacking friends trips and planning for them (friends don't let friends stay at pop century,they take them to animal kingdom Savannah and poly lake view)

This is me too, exactly and yes the hubby but DW is Disney vet knows it all and knows that I'm going to try to book us at first choice at BCV, second BWV (esp for FW which we love) and if I can't get us those two then we have to hash out another choice. This year was easy: PVB, esp since her family went there all the time when she was a kid.

She loves the big rides, but I'm not crazy for them so I book Space, splash, yeti, Tot, rnr but I sometimes jump out of line when it's time for liftoff...

Totally feel you! I do all the planning and research, and then run it by my wife to get her thoughts and final approval haha

Another husband who does all the planning here. Tickets, stays, dinners, etc are all done by me. I ask for the family input, but the scheduling and final choices have been mine to make. That way if anything goes wrong, it's my fault!

Also note my tagline under my blank avatar....

I do all my own planning but then again I'm single so if I don't do it who will? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter