Any idea when they might cancel the MNSSHP for this coming Thursday due to the hurricane?

agfiji25

Earning My Ears
We are trying to figure out how to alter our trip for this week and were curious if anyone might know when Disney could make an announcement regarding Thursday's Halloween Party. Are these things normally cancelled the day of or have they ever cancelled multiple days out?

They do not cancel it multiple days out. Normally the day of if they feel it's not safe for people to be in the parks.

When they cancelled the Thursday’s and Friday’s parties due to Matthew in 2016, we got notification at 11:44pm on Wednesday night.
We are trying to figure out how to alter our trip for this week and were curious if anyone might know when Disney could make an announcement regarding Thursday's Halloween Party. Are these things normally cancelled the day of or have they ever cancelled multiple days out?
They will decide as late as they can (i.e., late the evening before). In 2016, they cancelled the Thursday and Friday MNSSHP parties the night before (Wednesday) at 11:44pm.

Attachments

• 50F12737-042B-4904-9081-085985BDB3FC.png
    50F12737-042B-4904-9081-085985BDB3FC.png
    78 KB · Views: 5
  • 0B2E393F-01DE-4C98-935C-A90B9D84B03D.png
    0B2E393F-01DE-4C98-935C-A90B9D84B03D.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 5
Question--I have noticed that alot of people are cancelling their trip. Some people are saying that they are getting credits or refunds for the Halloween party b/c of the storm. Will Disney "resale" these tickets? We wanted to go but they were sold out....Curious if tickets will be available.

TIA

Question--I have noticed that alot of people are cancelling their trip. Some people are saying that they are getting credits or refunds for the Halloween party b/c of the storm. Will Disney "resale" these tickets? We wanted to go but they were sold out....Curious if tickets will be available.

TIA
I have a ticket for the party Friday - I'd like to know if I can change the date. I'm not sure I'll be there in time for the party due to Mr. Ian.

TIA

For Thursday and Friday? I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine that they would resell those until they know if the party will be cancelled or not. For Sunday, maybe. But my guess is that they would prefer to wait and see what happens with that too. The only way to switch would be by calling anyway, so your best bet would probably be to call and ask.

I have a ticket for the party Friday - I'd like to know if I can change the date. I'm not sure I'll be there in time for the party due to Mr. Ian.
Technically, you can change your party date to a a date that isn't sold out. Since the rest of the MNSSHP is sold out right now, though, that presents a problem. If lots of people cancel for this week/early next week, you may be able to move your date if Disney decides to resell those tickets. Otherwise, you can use the credit toward a MVMCP party or even other ticket media. If you call, they can go over your options with you.

Last edited:
They canceled a couple in horrible rain last year and didn't do it until day of. With the hurricane, I would imagine they will help rebook you now, if they can.

They won't cancel until the very last minute. And since all dates are sold out Guests most likely will just be issued refunds if they do.

They won't cancel until the very last minute. And since all dates are sold out Guests most likely will just be issued refunds if they do.
They are cancelling things already. If things don't change I would guess the winds will be too dangerous to allow guests out of their resorts/rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter