• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Idea's For a Better Route?

jadedbeauty14304

DIS Veteran
Hi All! I am leaving in under a month to WDW. I am leaving from Niagara Falls, NY (near Buffalo) and driving with my DD12 and two Dnieces 14 and 16. I will be the sole driver, and am used to driving long distances. The route I usually take is 90-79-US19-77-26-95-4. It is the most straight forward and recommended. The problem is I really am sick of seeing all the same scenery. I used to live in North Carolina off 77 so I drove from here to there A LOT. I would like to see something new, I don't mind if it is a little out of the way. I am planning on taking 2-3 days to get to WDW, I can handle about 16 hours of driving a day. Does anyone have any suggestions?

wrote this on other board too, but we are a little south of you and instead of going the same way all the time we are trying a little different way. I79, I64, I75 through kentucky, tenn. and georgia. Stopping in Atlanta one of the days to see Coke museum and other attractions

Thanks I will check that out! I was looking also at going east to Corning and then heading south down 15, but that is mostly backroads and I'm not sure I want to do that.

I think going that way would put you on I95 quicker, running into a lot of traffic near Washington DC and other bigger cities as well.

Yeah I see your point there. Unless I want to drive to Washington, see the sights, find a hotel south of there on 95 and stop for the night. hmmmmmm. That is almost an idea. I could be the horrible mom and aunt that makes the teenagers learn something on the way down to WDW. I am leaving here on a Sunday, I wonder if the traffic would be as horrendous as usual.

Thanks I will check that out! I was looking also at going east to Corning and then heading south down 15, but that is mostly backroads and I'm not sure I want to do that.

I think I did that route the other way when I was going from Gettysburg to Rochester. I think it took us at least 6 hours. It didn't help that we had a cranky 9 month old.

I think I did that route the other way when I was going from Gettysburg to Rochester. I think it took us at least 6 hours. It didn't help that we had a cranky 9 month old.

Ewwww. Yeah, I don't think I'll have the patience with 3 teenage girls to pull that off. lol

Rochester to DC down 15 is 6 1/2 hours. We were there last weekend(DS lives there). There is always traffic around DC, I'd avoid it unless you really want to do touristy stuff.

Rochester to DC down 15 is 6 1/2 hours. We were there last weekend(DS lives there). There is always traffic around DC, I'd avoid it unless you really want to do touristy stuff.

Thanks! I was just mapping out a route I think I am going to go with that will make me hit 95 in the Richmond , Va area. I told DD we would make a long weekend trip to DC some time this summer to see the sights. I can get to Richmond in about 10 hours, so it sounds like that is where my first leg will end.
Thanks everyone for your tips and suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter