Any ideas for Xmas room party craft?

allie&mattsmom

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I am Jakes favorite
I got a wonderful idea from this board for decorating pillowcases for our Halloween room party. I'm now trying to think of a fun craft for 5th graders for our Christmas party. Anybody have any ideas they care to share? TIA!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you pattyT!!! I love that idea! I'll suggest it to the other room moms. Those are really pretty!

Thank you, Patty.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to share and make this at our Holiday Craft Workshop I am hosting with our Cadet Girl Scouts. Perfect!

Welcome -
DD made a bunch as christmas gifts last year -
and we are now making some to donate to the Cheerleading Comp in Dec - using the different team colors - and even punchies in them!

Gingerbead houses- break 3 graham crackers in half (so you will have 6 peices) to use as the walls and roof. Use frosting to put the houses together and attach them to a small plate. Let the kids decorate the houses with candy. (Put the houses together the ngiht before)

Cinnamon ornaments- (makes about 15 ornaments) Mix 3/4 cup of apple sauce with one bottle of ground cinnamon to form dough. Roll dough out so it is about 1/4 inch thick (you might want to put the dough in between wax paper). Use cookie cutters to cut out the ornaments, then use a toothpick or a straw to make a hole in the top. Lay ornaments on a flat rack to dry for 1-2 days, turning occasionally. Once dry, you can use puff paint to decorate them. String ribbon through the hole.

Candycanes- string red and white beads on a pipe cleaner (i think we use half of a pipe cleaner). Bend into a candycane shape, bend ends so that beads stay on. You can also add a ribbon bow.

Candycane Reindeer- tie a pipe cleaner on a candycane for the antlers, glue on eyes and a red nose.

Candy Trees- I saw this in a magazine- get a foam cone and use 1 1/2 in. peices of pipe cleaner to stick candy (still in wrappers) to the cone. Add a star or bow to the top

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter