Any Ideas On What Tp Do With........

Well, I'm sure that this is too late for you this time but leftover pork is great to use to make pork fried rice. I could give you a very complicated totally home made recipe but nah - here's what I do...In the section of your grocery store that has Chinese/Oriental foods (canned, mixes, sauces, etc.) you should find a package of fried rice mix. Normally it says to mix with soy sauce. Heat a skillet (or wok if you have one - I don't anymore) with some cooking oil, throw in the cooked rice and the pork cut up in cubes, put seasoning mixed with soy sauce in, frozen green peas (if desired), possibly some shredded carrots. Make a hole in the middle and throw in a beaten egg or two, scramble, and mix all together to heat. A great side dish but actually can be a meal in itself.

pull it apart but BBQ sauce on it and put it in a roll!

Curried Rice using Leftovers
4 Tbl butter
1 c vegetables
1 c mushrooms
1 c diced meat, cooked
½ c sunflower seeds
½ c raisins
1 tsp curry powder
1 dash pepper
4 c rice, cooked
1 c crushed pineapple
Melt butter or margarine. Saute vegetables, meat, seeds raisins & spices. Toss in rice & garnish with drained pineapple.

Something I've done with roast beef, chicken or turkey is to make a pot pie - like Morton's or Myer's. If you can buy pork gravy (don't know - never did a pork one) you could just do this but substituting pork for turkey....

Leftover Turkey Pie
1 jar turkey gravy
1/8 tsp pepper
½ tsp parsley
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 c cooked turkey
2 c potatoes
2 c mixed vegetables
prepared pie crust

Put turkey, potatoes (canned or nuked & peeled) & veggies in an ungreased casserole dish. Sprinkle with spices & pour the gravy over everything. Top with pie crust & seal edges. Cut slits in top & bake at 425 for 30 min, until crust is golden brown & liquid bubbles through slits.

I love to take leftover pork and cut it up in chunks. Throw it in a pot till it's heated through, then add a head (or so) of finely sliced cabbage. Simmer (covered) till the cabbage has 'wilted'. Sprinkle soy sauce over everything and enjoy.

That's the low carb version. Before doing low carb, I would also add cooked spaghetti noodles, mushrooms, carrots, water chestnuts, onions, and shrimp (sometimes) for my version of the local Chinese place's House Lo Mein.

Yummmmmm yummmmmm!

Pat

64 days and counting . . . again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter