Any info on rooms 6640 & 6642?

bunnymkc

<font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th
Our family is going on the 12/7 western magic and when we booked, which was on the eastern magic last dec we requested these room as we thought it would be easier with the grandchildren as we could watch them at nite while mom & dad go out to "play"..husband and i were usually in bed pretty early as we were worn out from all the "stuff that we did all day..has anyone ever had these "rooms" and was it good with the door opening up into each room (cabin)...any and all input would be very much appreciated...tia Marianne :earsgirl: :wave:

just a bump..would love to hear from you guys..tia marianne

Marianne,

We have those exact two rooms booked for our Western cruise next May. We'll be in one room and my in-laws in the next.

Since I haven't been in the rooms yet I can't speak from experience, but I can tell you we booked them by how much we loved our Navigator veranda room on the Wonder.

Here's a few of the reasons we loved it:

* The Navigator veranda has a padded bench and a padded chair instead of two regular chairs. A great place to stretch out and read which I like to do on the veranda.

* Since the veranda is enclosed a little more it is a bit more private and also blocks the wind a bit more. The opening on the Wonder is very large and oval. I know the one on the Magic will be round and bit smaller but I think it will be just as nice.

* Since you are in the aft you get to do the safety drill sitting down in Anaimator's Palate instead of standing out on the hot deck!

* You can take the back staircase right up to Topsiders for a quick breakfast or lunch (we even filled up a tray and brought it back to our room one morning to eat on the veranda).

* Since you are past the main stairs there isn't a lot of hall traffic so it seemed pretty quiet most of the time.

When we have shared rooms with an open door in the past we have always done it by keeping it open most of the day, but then shutting it at night. It was agreed that when each party was ready for the day they would open it up. Worked out great for us.

Enjoy! And please report back on how you liked the rooms when you cruise.

I didn't have the two rooms you have listed but as you can see from my room we were just nearby. I love the aft. It was perfect for my sons and I. We had easy access to the restaurants, kids club and going up on deck. These rooms are very quiet since it is the end of the hall and the verandas are wonderful. Nice and private.

I know this is an old thread - but are there any new updates on these rooms? We have them booked for a mediterranean cruise this summer and I am a little nervous. We have never been so far back in the boat before - so not sure if the "vibrations" that are mentioned on other cruise boards are really an issue or if they are just people who have never cruised and think any vibrations are bad. Our other option was a deck 8 family suite right under the pools - and my husband was concerend about noise - so we opted for 2 bathrooms. Wondering if I made a mistake....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter