Any jetlag tips?

jenniy

Mouseketeer
We are going to be 4 hours ahead and I have never been in a different time zone, more than an hour! We are planning on arriving at DC on our first day at 7:30 but that will be 3:30 am to us!! How do you do that, I'm a little stressed about the kids. I can chug coffee and deal with it but I don't know about them. I was thinking of giving them Benedryl and putting them to bed super early the night before ha ha!!

We're doing same thing! I'm getting to hotel, having meal and early night (we got black-out curtains in room). I know from travelling to NY and Vegas that if you do that, you normally wake about 3 or 4am (US time) and, where it isn't the best, at least you will have slept. We're doing the dolphin swim at DC so will be there WAY before check-in at half 7! Hope that helps! :)

Any chance you could change your DC day to later in your vacation?
we leave next week, I wonder if I could make it a few days later! We could do Seaworld which opens at 10. I am mostly worried about my 5 year old girl who is a wreck without sleep... I'm going to see if I can change the day.

Nope can't change the reservation... Oh well maybe I will let my kids have a coke in the morning:) they never have it so maybe it will help wake them up:)

Nope can't change the reservation... Oh well maybe I will let my kids have a coke in the morning:) they never have it so maybe it will help wake them up:)

They do have pop (or soda, for my American friends!) on the breakfast buffet, so you can definitely partake in an early morning caffenated beverage. We have always wondered "who would even consider drinking cola in the morning with their breakfast?!?!" but now I get it!! :thumbsup2 I had never considered the poor folks who would be suffering from jetlag and need a little pick-me-up. :)

Enjoy your DC day....its simply an amazing park! :goodvibes

They do have pop (or soda, for my American friends!) on the breakfast buffet, so you can definitely partake in an early morning caffenated beverage. We have always wondered "who would even consider drinking cola in the morning with their breakfast?!?!" but now I get it!! :thumbsup2 I had never considered the poor folks who would be suffering from jetlag and need a little pick-me-up. :) Enjoy your DC day....its simply an amazing park! :goodvibes
Thank you I can't wait!!! I will report back on everything.

They do have pop (or soda, for my American friends!) on the breakfast buffet, so you can definitely partake in an early morning caffenated beverage. We have always wondered "who would even consider drinking cola in the morning with their breakfast?!?!" but now I get it!! :thumbsup2 I had never considered the poor folks who would be suffering from jetlag and need a little pick-me-up. :)

Enjoy your DC day....its simply an amazing park! :goodvibes

I don't drink coffee or tea so diet coke is my morning wake up call! I've always wondered how people can drink coffee!

We're flying all night (flight leaves at 11:29 pm PST) and we arrive in Orlando at 10:30 am which will be 7:30 am for us. We are planning on going to seaworld for a few hours until we can check into the hotel and crash. We do discovery cove the next day so I'm hoping we aren't too time screwed up by then.

we go from uk to us so its a large time difference. what we found easiest is first day we just go to the malls.
first time we went we made the mistake of going into a park, the trouble was we was exhausted after no time at all... so now we just go to a mall first day while we are adjusting to time difference

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter