• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

any last advice?

KPOP

Mouseketeer
Ok - I think today is the day. My wife and I are going to buy in to AKV.

Is there anything extra that I can ask for from my guide - for him to sweeten the deal a little?

I am a little nervous (its a big investment) - but very excited.

Thanks!

How many points are you buying???

No additional benefits will come your way, but Congratulations!

Is there anything extra that I can ask for from my guide - for him to sweeten the deal a little?

Thanks!

I wouldn't look for any "deal sweeteners". Disney doesn't really work that way. The offer you have from your Guide is the deal, and hopefully you see enough value in that to make it work for you. :)

It is a nervous time for anyone but the excitement of your first DVC trip will replace that with an AAAAAHHHHH as you settle into your villa and look around knowing that you will be able to enjoy this kind of trip for many decades with your family.

GOod luck on your purchase, and let us know when you've joined so we can welcome you home! :)

Buy a small contract. Two if you want more points. Much easier to sell, if the need arises.

Thanks!

Well, you might be able to hold out for an extra tote bag or a coffee mug. :)

Seriously, though....no real "deal sweeteners" from Disney. The best I've seen is the free AP's if you buy when at Disneyland in Anaheim. And they're pretty adamant, from the postings on this board, that they don't give out THAT deal unless you're a bona fide DL "lead"...so you can't try to get your guide to give it to you.

Ok - thanks everyone. It'll probably be 200pts.
I'll let you know when its done.

Thanks!

For 200 points, I'd also suggest 2 100-point contracts........you'd still qualify for the discount on each, and it would be easier to sell one or two smaller contracts than one larger one (not that you'd ever sell.........but sometimes, life choices change).
Good luck, and welcome home!:cheer2:

For 200 points, I'd also suggest 2 100-point contracts........you'd still qualify for the discount on each, and it would be easier to sell one or two smaller contracts than one larger one (not that you'd ever sell.........but sometimes, life choices change).
Good luck, and welcome home!:cheer2:

Hmmm....can you do that with your master contract?

We briefly explored doing something like that, but were told that you master contract, if you buy through Disney, HAD to be a minimum of 160 pts. So we could have done 160 and 40, but decided not to (our thought was more on "passing the contracts to our kids than on resale, so not having even amounts derailed consideration).

Can't give much advice, the process is pretty straight forward and easy (maybe too easy....LOL).

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy the many years of trips you can make with your membership!

Hmmm....can you do that with your master contract?

We briefly explored doing something like that, but were told that you master contract, if you buy through Disney, HAD to be a minimum of 160 pts. So we could have done 160 and 40, but decided not to (our thought was more on "passing the contracts to our kids than on resale, so not having even amounts derailed consideration).

We bought three 100 pt. contracts the end of Jan. for SSR. We were told that you had have at least 100 pts to split them evenly like that. We were going to get 270 split into 90 each but we had to bump up if we wanted three like that. We wanted our contracts split equally for our three kids.

We bought three 100 pt. contracts the end of Jan. for SSR. We were told that you had have at least 100 pts to split them evenly like that. We were going to get 270 split into 90 each but we had to bump up if we wanted three like that. We wanted our contracts split equally for our three kids.

Wow this is news to me. I never have heard of this option when buying through Disney. We purchased 300 points last month. 150 as our master contract (the minimum at that time) and then (2) 75 point add on contracts. Is this some "secret" option only available to those who insist on it?? We were told that the master contract had to be a minimum of 150 pts.

I am pretty sure that with the 160 minimum you have to buy 160 on the first contract at this point in time. (Remember things change)

If you think you're nervous now, wait until you write the check or sign the credit papers! BUT DON'T WORRY...If you are convinced this is good for you then it is.

Ha! Thanks -
I am not looking at this as an investment, but it certainly helps that Disney (artificially?) supports a price floor...

My wife has asked me to hold off for 1 more day (ARGH!) - we need to talk it over one last time...

It looks like tomorrow will be the day.

Thanks again everyone for all the input.

Wow this is news to me. I never have heard of this option when buying through Disney. We purchased 300 points last month. 150 as our master contract (the minimum at that time) and then (2) 75 point add on contracts. Is this some "secret" option only available to those who insist on it?? We were told that the master contract had to be a minimum of 150 pts.

Well I think the min was 150 overall but we just split ours. We had to have at least 100 to split them evenly at least that is what we were told. Like I said...we were thinking three contracts of 90 or something that was even for our kids. Another thing that people on Dis was sure was wrong but it wasn't. We got 300 developer points, our 2006 UY points too. Our UY is Oct. so we got 600 points right off the bat and we could have banked THEM ALL. Most kept telling me NO NO...I had to use the 300 Developer points by the end of Sept. I called my guide twice to make sure. He said NO. Now we did book a vacation for this Aug. so I only banked 236 into 2007 anyway. :goodvibes

Well I think the min was 150 overall but we just split ours. We had to have at least 100 to split them evenly at least that is what we were told. Like I said...we were thinking three contracts of 90 or something that was even for our kids.

Wow, if what you say is true......which I'm not calling you untruthful, I have just never heard of this option before, I am just very disappointed that we did not get to do the same, (3) 100 pt. contracts. Anyone else out there get to split their master contract into a minimum of 100 pt. contracts rather than the 150 point master contract with add-ons? Thanks.

Wow, if what you say is true......which I'm not calling you untruthful, I have just never heard of this option before, I am just very disappointed that we did not get to do the same, (3) 100 pt. contracts. Anyone else out there get to split their master contract into a minimum of 100 pt. contracts rather than the 150 point master contract with add-ons? Thanks.

It is true. I have three annual dues payments taken out each month. It is not lumped together. When I banked my points a few days ago....they were banked from three contracts. I have three contracts!!! We have 300 total points but we have three contracts. We had to sign all three contracts that day at SSR. It took forever because of the three contracts. He had to go ask about splitting them and the only thing was that it had to be atleast 100 to split three ways.

Well I think the min was 150 overall but we just split ours. We had to have at least 100 to split them evenly at least that is what we were told. Like I said...we were thinking three contracts of 90 or something that was even for our kids. Another thing that people on Dis was sure was wrong but it wasn't. We got 300 developer points, our 2006 UY points too. Our UY is Oct. so we got 600 points right off the bat and we could have banked THEM ALL. Most kept telling me NO NO...I had to use the 300 Developer points by the end of Sept. I called my guide twice to make sure. He said NO. Now we did book a vacation for this Aug. so I only banked 236 into 2007 anyway. :goodvibes

What was the price Per point since you got the DP's?

What was the price Per point since you got the DP's?

We elected to pay 101 and get the 300 developer points vs getting them for 91. Now wouldn't that have been a sweet deal to get the dp and 91 a point??!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter