Any Luck Upgrading Hopper Ticket To New Sorcerer's Pass

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I guess we can't do in on MDE. Anyone have any luck yet with getting through the MS? Hubby got on call at 7:01 and it gave us a 167 min wait time - ugh.

MS doesn’t open until 9 am. But they have never had that ability in the past to upgrade the ticket. It could of course be different now.

You may want to try calling the AP number 407-939-7277, although that also opens at 9.

I called the 407-939-7277 this morning to try to upgrade partially used ticket to sorcerer and after pushing back three times I kept being told they could t handle dvc sorcerer tix and questions and that I had to call dvc, so after 35 minutes on hold for that answer now I’m on an estimated 77 minutes hold with dvc to find out . Ugh

I called the 407-939-7277 this morning to try to upgrade partially used ticket to sorcerer and after pushing back three times I kept being told they could t handle dvc sorcerer tix and questions and that I had to call dvc, so after 35 minutes on hold for that answer now I’m on an estimated 77 minutes hold with dvc to find out . Ugh
Ok I reached DVC MS and he felt terrible saying the AP ticket line should have been able to tell me that answer and that the rule for partially used upgrades can only be done in person .

Well, got our DVC passes - woot woot! BUT, we paid a certain price to a third party company. Disney showed a price in their system that did not match what we paid the third party company. Maybe it was the price the third party got the tickets for?? Should we have gotten the credit for the price we paid the third party company, versus what they paid Disney?

Thanks all for all the help this morning.

Has to be in person unfortunately.

While I don't have any skin in THIS game, I can tell you that last month we went through similar issues with upgrades of tickets to Magic Keys. Initially, everyone was told upgrades HAD to be done at the DL ticket booth (actually, that's ALL they wanted you to do in person, they wanted all new sales done online only and even set up signs at DL stating this). Now, it appears you can do an upgrade/conversion of unused tickets to new Magic Keys online too.

I have no reason to try this to verify as we're all set now, so I can't vouch for the voracity of the report, but I would wonder if the same thing will happen with WDW AP's.

Last edited:
Well, got our DVC passes - woot woot! BUT, we paid a certain price to a third party company. Disney showed a price in their system that did not match what we paid the third party company. Maybe it was the price the third party got the tickets for?? Should we have gotten the credit for the price we paid the third party company, versus what they paid Disney?

Based on previous policy, you should have been able to retain your discount and pay the difference between the AP and the price of the ticket you have (based on what Disney sold it for on the day the ticket was minted.) The credit for your ticket from an authorized reseller should be MORE than what you paid for the ticket, not less. We have upgraded in this way several times in the parks, which has saved us a bit of money. Unfortunately not every CM knows how to "bridge" the ticket, so we've often had to ask for a supervisor or go to a different Guest Services to complete the transaction.

You indicated in an earlier post you were arriving on Sept 11. Were you able to upgrade not in person? If so how?
That would contradict what was posted above, which I also thought was the rule.
Has to be in person unfortunately.

You indicated in an earlier post you were arriving on Sept 11. Were you able to upgrade not in person? If so how?
That would contradict what was posted above, which I also thought was the rule.
Yes. This morning my husband called MS. That was 2 hrs on hold. They told us Ticketing would call us back in 45 min. We got a call 2 hrs later - 407 934 7639. We were able to get the DVC passes, but now I have been on hold for about 1 hr since we did not get the right amount of credit towards the new passes (we did have 5 day hopper). I was on Chat on the laptop, Damien said hello - then Damien cut and run :) so back to the phone. OMG this should not be that painful

I've been on hold almost 7 hours now to get mine upgraded. :( I talked to one lady after an hour and she tried to help me for about 45 minutes and couldn't figure it out so she transferred me and here I sit. I either love Disney or I'm a nut.

I hear ya DisneyGirl1721. I have been disconnected - three times now. Every time I have to get back into a queue. I was given a number to call and it says it is not taking calls. I am now in another queue with the Chat people. This is just not right.

Welp, reporting back. Sent me to another number - who connected me with someone else - I have been on hold now for 35 min

Someone told me that if I've been on hold this long, that I am probably stuck in a loop and won't get my call answered. I am terrified to hang up................

I finally hung up. If I had to guess, I would say this whole thing thus far (and still now resolved) has taken up almost 7 hours of the day. What a mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter