Any Mazda/Mazda6 owners out there?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
My DH is looking to buy a used car. We were looking at Accords and Camrys which we know have good reviews, although the 2009-2010 Accords seem to have issues. I came across a Mazda 6 which I never really considered. Not sure why, but I never think of Mazda as being one of the leaders. We're specifically looking at the 2010 models - anyone have any experience with these cars and can give any advice?

Thanks!

My brother owns a Mazda 6 and loves it. It's been a great car for him. No problems.

I can't speak specifically about the Mazda 6 from an owners perspective, but we've had one Mazda that lasted forever with very little problems. My DH was crushed to get rid of it when we traded it for a minivan. We now have a Mazda CX-9 and it's been fantastic. We have found that the cars are super reliable and the customer service at Mazda - if there ever is an issue - is very good as well.

We just leased a 2014 and DH absolutely loves it. I drive it occasionally and really like it as well. We went with it mostly due to the mileage (almost 40 mpg) but like the sportiness of it as well.

We have a 2005 Mazda 6 that we purchased used in 2009. It has been a reliable car needing little maintenance. It is comfortable and has a lot of pep.

My only word of caution would be to get a car that has a local dealer nearby. Coworker's wife loves her Mazda, but the nearest Mazda dealer is nearly an hour from here. That has proven to be a pain on several occasions.

No experience with Mazda6, but my family definitely likes Mazda3s -- I got one in 2006, my dad got one in 2008, and my sister got one in 2012 (all new). It's just always been the car we liked most in our price range.

I have a 2009 Mazda CX-7 and I love it. It's comfortable and has lots of upgrades. I came very close to buying the Mazda 6 but really wanted a mid size suv. We have a good family friend that is on her 5th Mazda 6 but she is 76.

We have a 2004 Mazda 3 and a 2002 Mazda Protege5. Great cars, no major problems, and still going strong!

I LOVE my Mazda 3, and it's up to 107,000 miles and still going strong. My mom had a Mazda 6 that I drove fairly often as well, and I liked it a lot. It's the main reason I got my 3. They're very sporty little cars! Whenever someone drives my car that doesn't have a Mazda, that's always the comment they make, and that they're fun to drive. :)

We've had our Mazda 3 for about 7 years, love it. No major problems. Still runs great.

DH works at a car dealership that sells several lines, including Mazdas. We have owned Mazdas for the last 20 years. We have had Proteges, 2 MPVs, a 626, a 3 and now a 6.

My 626 lasted until 200k. At that point it had a lot of rust and needed some engine work. We traded it in on a 3 lease. A mechanic bought it, did the repairs and still drives it.

We had the 3 for 2 years and last month turned it in and bought a 2013 6. DH loves it. He really wanted the 2014 version but we got a much better deal on the 2012.

Our other car is a 2006 MPV with almost 200k on it. Still going strong and all we have done is basic maintenance.

Another Mazda MPV owner here. It's 10 years old now and has been great for all these years. My only gripe is that they don't make it anymore so when it goes I'll have to choose something else. :(

I've only had my Mazda 5 for two weeks but I'm already in love. The dealership was easy to work with and it's way more fun to drive than my old minivan was. I'm a fan.

My husband drove a 2005 Mazda6 until it was totaled a few months ago. He loved it, but it did have a lot of problems and it seemed like it was constantly in the shop for one reason or another.

That being said, he went out and bought a 2012 Mazda3 to replace the 6, and he likes that even better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter