Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

leannak

DIS Veteran
Should we expect to be hearing more info about the Disney Treasure soon?? I can’t wait to hear more about the restaurants and kids clubs and lounges and adult areas! Didn’t we know more about the Wish at this time two years ago? I wonder if they are releasing news later due to the later Treasure maiden voyages, or if they are taking longer due to having to rework things based on negative feedback.

The Treasure had its keel laying ceremony March 30th.

I just looked up the Wish's ceremony and it was on April 8. 2021 and maiden voyage was July 14, 2022 (initially June 9th). Bookings opened in May 2021.

When will be able to start booking the Treasure????

My assumption is that DCL is being more conservative with releasing information this time since the Wish was a bit of a fiasco. Last news I saw is that we should be seeing the Treasure itineraries in the Fall 2024 release (as long as its on time). Historically I believe these cruises are released around July-ish. I'd bet we will start getting some teasers in June to get everyone hyped up about the new iteneraries dropping.

The Wish I believe had previews showing up right before the booking window opened. It was just much quicker between Keel laying and booking than Treasure is expected to be.

I agree - I doubt Disney will want a repeat of the Wish release and then having to push back and still be working on the ship.
Yeah if you watch the special on Disney+ about the Wish you can see they literally were working too the wire even to achieve the second pushed back date. DCL had a lot of unhappy customers when they had to move the maiden voyage and I'm sure they lost quite a bit of money from it. I'm sure they learned from their mistakes and are doing everything they can to avoid the same fiasco!

DCL had a lot of unhappy customers when they had to move the maiden voyage and I'm sure they lost quite a bit of money from it. I'm sure they learned from their mistakes and are doing everything they can to avoid the same fiasco!
Cruising sure has changed. The unwritten rule when I started cruising in 1980 was you never book a maiden voyage, or a voyage right before or right a dry dock.

Cruising sure has changed. The unwritten rule when I started cruising in 1980 was you never book a maiden voyage, or a voyage right before or right a dry dock.

Other lines I've been on this is still a good rule of thumb. I think for Disney it just has a different feel of wanting to be the "first" to experience something.

Which I can understand, but still seems kind of odd. After seeing all of their documentaries on the struggles on opening day of Disneyland, Magic Kingdom at WDW, and now the Wish, I'm of the opinion that waiting is beneficial.

Still seems like sound logic to me - like the Magic sounds like there have been some issues this week in the first dry-dock sailing, and I fully expect those things to be resolved soon. I don’t feel the need to be first at the expense of the quality of my vacation.

Other lines I've been on this is still a good rule of thumb. I think for Disney it just has a different feel of wanting to be the "first" to experience something.

Which I can understand, but still seems kind of odd. After seeing all of their documentaries on the struggles on opening day of Disneyland, Magic Kingdom at WDW, and now the Wish, I'm of the opinion that waiting is beneficial.
As am I, now that I experienced having them suddenly do a media cruise prior to the Maiden. We weren't even first in the end. I know, I know... :charac2:

I live in Canada and I can’t find the making of the Disney Wish on Disney+. Does anyone have the exact name of the show? Thank you

I live in Canada and I can’t find the making of the Disney Wish on Disney+. Does anyone have the exact name of the show? Thank you
It's not on Disney+ in Canada and there is STILL no release date. I finally watched it when we were in Hawaii in March (we are from Vancouver.)

Personally, I'll never go on a maiden voyage and don't see the excitement about it. Still working out kinks. I never heard about not going before or after dry dock but it makes sense.

To be fair, a big part of the Wish pushback was because of the Covid-19 shutdowns everywhere. That won't affect the Treasure.
I mean yes COVID-19 caused delays but my understanding is the delays were caused due to construction delays not COVID-19. Construction delays got worst during COVID but to be honest still are not up to normal pre-covid speed. Construction delays happen all the time for a variety of reasons. Heck a "construction delay" can even be Disney changing its mind on something.

We have been on 3 DCL Maiden Voyages. The Magic's which was delayed twice with finally sailing in July 1998 instead of March. The Dream and then the Wish, which was delayed once. It worked out as we had substantial discounts on the delayed sailings. I am still on the fence about booking the MV on the Treasure. Price will be a determining factor. I did the Wish with some friends so the individual cost was split 3 ways as opposed to if I went with my husband where it would be more expensive. He knows I am DCL obsessed and is fine with me going with friends sometimes!

MJ

I mean yes COVID-19 caused delays but my understanding is the delays were caused due to construction delays not COVID-19. Construction delays got worst during COVID but to be honest still are not up to normal pre-covid speed. Construction delays happen all the time for a variety of reasons. Heck a "construction delay" can even be Disney changing its mind on something.
We can't know for sure, but the shipyard blamed Covid-19 and especially the Omicron outbreak for the delay. The Wish was being built during the two years of shutdowns and whatnot. I think it's safe to say that the delays were very much related to Covid-19. Thankfully, the Treasure won't have those problems. I expect that one to be on time!

I wonder when the Treasure will first sail and when bookings will open for that.

We can't know for sure, but the shipyard blamed Covid-19 and especially the Omicron outbreak for the delay. The Wish was being built during the two years of shutdowns and whatnot. I think it's safe to say that the delays were very much related to Covid-19. Thankfully, the Treasure won't have those problems. I expect that one to be on time!
Interesting! Everything I had read from DCL said it was not COVID-19 related. As others have mentioned tho, other ships had a delayed maiden voyage and they weren't around during COVID. Construction always has a high chance of delays

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter