• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any new state you plan on visiting or have visited this year?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
My DH and I are still tossing over visiting my youngest DS and wife at his Air Force base in Oklahoma. Never been there and if we drive we would also add Missouri to our state list. :)

We are leaving in 10 days for a trip west. I am going to Zion And Bryce in Utah, where I have never been. My flight has a stop in Texas but I don't get off so that probably doesn't count.

The week before last, we spent spring break in New York. I had never been, so it was a new state for me. We had long layovers both ways in Minnesota. I guess that counts as a new state too!

Years ago I spent one night in Arizona on our drive across the country. I don't really consider that a visit since we just ate and slept at the hotel, so my plan is to go to Sedona some time this year for a week. Unfortunately nobody else wants to go as bad as I do.

My DH and I are still tossing over visiting my youngest DS and wife at his Air Force base in Oklahoma. Never been there and if we drive we would also add Missouri to our state list. :)
Have you been in Arkansas? Depending on the part of Oklahoma that you're going to you might want to go through the Missouri and Arkansas Ozarks. It's real pretty there.

I don't know about this year but I want to go to Arizona.

Vermont!
WE were in the Berkshires a couple weeks ago, and since we were so close, drove thru southern VT, including a closed ski area-snow everywhere

We are going on a cruise to Alaska in June. We will be flying into Seattle so first time in Washington and Alaska.

Last edited:

I just booked a cruise to Canada/New England in September. I am looking forward to visiting Maine for the first time.

In Jan....we went to Hilton Head Island, SC with a visit to Savannah, GA

No other new states planned.....going to a couple new-to-us countries in Aug/Sept though

I was in Louisiana earlier this year for the first time. DD is excited because she is visiting a few new states this year (and a new country!).

We don't count states that we have only driven through or have only been in the airport for a layover - our criteria is that in order to count a state, we need to spend the night or do some form of activity/meal/sight-seeing

Dh and I will be in Nevada and California this summer, which is my first time to both. I'm very excited.

We are leaving in 10 days for a trip west. I am going to Zion And Bryce in Utah, where I have never been. My flight has a stop in Texas but I don't get off so that probably doesn't count.
Just curious...Nowadays I didn't think you could stay on the plane at a stop at an airport?

hoping for Texas, DD may travel up to visit us in IL from FL. She and her BF would like to see Austin and thought it would be fun for us all to go. would love Arizona but adds a bit too much to the budget~I will just be happy getting out of IL if possible

Plan to hit 6 states (plus our home state), but none that will be new to any of us.

My daughter and I are going on a 2 month road trip around the US this summer hitting as many states as we can!
Wow! SO fun! I miss my DD terribly, I would love to have done something like this before she moved away. Take a gaZILLION pictures!

We're also doing an Alaskan cruise this year so first time to Alaska. My nephew was recently accepted to med school in North Carolina so after I drop my son off at Disney for the college program in August I'm going to fly down to see him, his wife and my adorable grand niece. I'm excepted to see NC.

We are going to California (San Diego and Anaheim....no parks though) for the first time. I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter