Any one curious as to how Disney maintains things?

Welcome. Ive been back in that area a few times when I worked at Disney and loved looking around at all of the stuff that's back there. Behind the Central Shops, is the Drydock area for the MK area, where they have enough room to pull all 3 of the ferries out of the water plus all of the other watercraft out there. In between is the body and fender shop where they can paint all of the big stuff like cars, trucks, busses etc. On the right side of the shops is Ride and Show engineering where they develop all of the ride systems at the parks. On the north side is the Christmas shops where all of the Holiday decorations are. For a while before it moved was the original Mainstreet Electrical Parade floats before they went to Cali. were in the drydock area.

I think that kind of hard work is what sets Disney apart. While we were at Pop for a 10 day trip, they painted the ping pong table surface at least twice (and before 8am both days). We also saw some dime sized paint splotches under the giant yoyo's around the 60's stairs where they were painted a few different days at a few different staircases. The paint splotches didn't last long and I guess they cleaned them up as soon as they were noticed. I told my family that I couldn't believe everything looked just like the pictures and they laughed at me, but I meant that nothing looked worn or in need of paint/repair. All the colors were fresh and vibrant. Thanks for the news link!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter