Any other planners and control freaks have a bit of a love hate relationship with WDW?

ozliz

DIS Veteran
OK so hate might be a bit too strong but I’m talking about the advance planning then things change problem. This isn’t actually about the pandemic (no trips planned and I live in Australia so not able to plan anything international for a while) but I’ve been wondering about it a bit more lately as I’ve sympathised with all the people having their plans cancelled.

I’m a planner, it’s both fun in anticipation of the trip and comforting to have everything laid out in front of me ensuring I don’t get to the end of a trip realising that something I wanted to do is not possible as I’ve run out of time based on opening hours or something that could have been managed with better planning. I am also a bit of a control freak. There are few people that I trust to get things organised and not forget things but I’ve had too many friends and quite frankly work colleagues over the years who aren’t organised enough so I’ve learnt that it’s best to do it myself if I want to be sure it’s researched and planned so everything will come off in the end. Unfortunately this leads to everyone relying on me to an extent but that’s another conversation.

This has all encouraged my love of WDW where there’s plenty to plan in anticipation of a good trip. Even my relaxation, go with the flow, see which ride has a short wait time hours are often identified in the schedule. While I don’t mind changing things around myself based on mood or weather, I’m always put out when something changes that I don’t feel like was managed well. (Although for the record I think Disney has really been doing the best they can under current circumstances).

So back to the point of this thread, anyone else struggle with change and struggle even more so when the changes are to well planned fun? I’ve been like this my whole life so I’m actually pretty good at coping with it but the feelings are still there. I am interested to know if there were more people out there like me since Disney does tend to attract the planners - especially the people on the DIS!

Yes! I’m your planning type. We visited WDW right before it shut down so no plans to go back until 2021. But we can even research other destinations for the remainder of 2020 yet. Simple things like regular hours, attraction websites show “temporarily closed” so we have no idea when they’d have seasonal hours. I don’t even feel like looking at places to do as so many uncertainties.

We're actually bummed because of the lack of flexibility due to losing our hoppers. ;) We do like to have a loose plan, but we love the ability to change our mind the night before or even mid day and scoot off to a different park. So we're waffling about our summer trip because we're now forced to plan out what park we'll visit each day ahead of time! I'm sure that sounds nuts to most people, though! 🤪 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter