• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Palo brunch update? I leave in 12 days and want to cancel if they don’t restart buffet.

I actually did try the brunch in February on the Fantasy. Just wasn’t happy with my meal and wasn’t special as brunch. It was a seasoned chicken and I can’t remember anything else but the Mamosa.
That is strange, we had all the seafood we loved from the old buffet, the lasagna was as specatular as always and my husbands chicken parm was too. We had our grape and gorganzola pizza that we get every time. We were asked if we wanted more of anything and if we did our server brought it. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience.

If you are a vegetarian, the old buffet was spectacular. The new format just isn't anywhere as special. That being said, I think dinner has really tanked in quality, so we do the brunch for our Platinum meal.

The whole fam was just on Fantasy in January and my DW and I were on Magic in October, neither had Palo buffet. Our servers both indicated similar to what others have said, the buffet isn't coming back.

Fun fact though, you can still get the warm sticky buns if you ask for them - they're not on the menu.

That is strange, we had all the seafood we loved from the old buffet, the lasagna was as specatular as always and my husbands chicken parm was too. We had our grape and gorganzola pizza that we get every time. We were asked if we wanted more of anything and if we did our server brought it. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience.
How long ago were you able to get the pizza on the Fantasy..? We sail mid April and I do like that pizza...!

Fun fact though, you can still get the warm sticky buns if you ask for them - they're not on the menu.
If they aren't on the menu how do folks know to ask for it..? Clearly enough do that they make them but I'm always confused how this works. Its not like you can whip them up real quick! ^^;

If they aren't on the menu how do folks know to ask for it..? Clearly enough do that they make them but I'm always confused how this works. Its not like you can whip them up real quick! ^^;
They do hint that they're on the menu - if your server doesn't mention it, ask! The pizza is available too, don't recall if it was on the menu but they did offer it. This was Fantasy in January.

How long ago were you able to get the pizza on the Fantasy..? We sail mid April and I do like that pizza...!

December - and I have always been able to get it even though it isn't on the menu. just ask 😉

At first I was disappointed with no buffet before trying the new way (on the Wish). Surprisingly we ended up liking the new way better. What you can get is unlimited, and if you dont like what is on the plate you can ask for a change (i.e. I got the seafood plate, didnt want the mussels, so got extra tuna in place of the mussels). And probably the biggest positive is you arent stuck in line for 10 minutes waiting for people to slowly move through a buffet line. Instead we got to stay at the table, have relatively uninterrupted time with the family at the table, and if we want more/some thing different, you just asked the waiter for it. Found it more relaxing to not have to worry about getting up constantly spending more time in line rather than at the table. And sticky buns were on the menu, along with other multiple desserts, which you can order more than one to share between your table mates (or keep them all to yourself).

They had the pizza on our dream sailing in January

We actually had more waste the way they do it on the Wish... the pastry basket seemed to be the same size no matter how many people there were. It was way too much for two! The calzone was plate sized too... by the time it actually arrived I was pretty much full already from food I didn't ask for and didn't want, but felt bad leaving.

Good to know I'll be getting pizza, thanks! :D

I'm probably in the minority but I enjoyed the caviar selection at Palo brunch. It was a nice opportunity for cruisers to try it for the first time and the only way to experience it while on board.

I won't be doing Palo brunch unless they bring back the buffet. It was a fantastic selection and one of my favorite dining experiences while on board.

My friend and I were able to get a Palo dinner reservation on the Wonder in May. This is our first cruise. So I’m actually looking forward to it. Palo Brunch will be at another time after we get more cruises in.

This is our first Disney cruise and we weren't able to book anything by the time our booking window opened up. I was just lucky enough to grab a Remy brunch opening that someone must have cancelled. I wanted the Palo brunch b/c it's easier to rationalize paying for but after reading these.....now i'm wondering if all of the raving reviews i read about the brunches were from before? It will be me and my husband and my parents, so i don't want to miss out on time with my kids and spend a good amount of money on a disappointing meal. Any insights on the Remy brunch!? Thanks!

This is our first Disney cruise and we weren't able to book anything by the time our booking window opened up. I was just lucky enough to grab a Remy brunch opening that someone must have cancelled. I wanted the Palo brunch b/c it's easier to rationalize paying for but after reading these.....now i'm wondering if all of the raving reviews i read about the brunches were from before? It will be me and my husband and my parents, so i don't want to miss out on time with my kids and spend a good amount of money on a disappointing meal. Any insights on the Remy brunch!? Thanks!
The Remy brunch hasn't changed, as far as I know.

If anyone in the April 15th sailing plans to cancel their Palo Brunch please let me know

Any insights on the Remy brunch!?
We haven't done it since Feb 2020 but we've done it three times I think and it was amazing each time. The last one was absolutely the best! You must have just come upon a cancellation by luck because it's much smaller than Palo and reservations are usually hard to come by. While we always enjoyed Palo brunch, it's nowhere near anything like Remy brunch IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter