Any plan in place for the dining plan to return

It would be of a little interest to know if the posters waiting for a dining plan are looking for deluxe, regular or QS. Are they looking for free dinning or paid dining?

I don’t think Disney has available TS capacity to handle a plan which includes TS meals. I could see Disney releasing a QS plan, if marketing suggests a need.

Absolutely no guarantee posters are going to like whatever plan Disney develops.

Last edited:
It would be of a little interest to know if the posters waiting for a dining plan are looking for deluxe, regular or QS. Are they looking for free dinning or paid dining?

I don’t think Disney has available TS capacity to handle a plan which includes TS meals. I could see Disney releasing a QS plan, if marketing suggests a need.

Absolutely no guarantee posters are going to like whatever plan Disney develops.
I think just having a dining plan if it is free or not, you know the prices are already calculated into the hotel packages.
It is just the thought of not having to think about pricing when at the park

I hope it returns. I know people say it's more $ than just planning and paying out of pocket but I planned so that the DDP was even or less than what we would spend out of pocket (lots of buffets and character dining!). My husband liked the idea that it was rolled into our vacation reservation and he didn't have to worry about dining once we got there.

Sigh, was a big fan of the Disney Dining Plan. I know most lost money on it, but once they added a free adult beverage at table service meals, it was worth it for my family. I am curious when they'll take snack icons off the Menus around the parks.

I want to plan a return to Disney with my family and the lack of the dining plan is the only thing hold me back. Is there any word on the dining plan return this year or next?
As several others have said, we are holding off coming back until the Dining plan returns. We enjoy trying different restaurants including the Signature restaurants and the Dining plan makes it so much easier. However, I'm starting to lose hope. It was predicted to be back in time for the 50th. Nope. Then by the end of 2021. Nope. Then sometime in 2022. You get the idea. Too bad this can't be forwarded to the powers that be so that they could that people really want it back!!

Macro economics predict 2023 to be a rough year. If the brakes do really get put on to the point that the country is struggling deeper than it currently is, and this results in attendance goes down far enough, then perhaps DDP will return in something like it's traditional form...

All restaurant signage still indicated DDP options as far as I know...

If they had to plans to ever return it, which some people are saying I doubt they would be putting the DDP signage of menus still

If they had to plans to ever return it, which some people are saying I doubt they would be putting the DDP signage of menus still
The signage has never been updated /changed.
For going on 3 years , the DDP icon has been on new signage.
Must be cheaper not to remove icon.

I have my doubts it's coming back the way it was. I have a feeling it's being replaced with the dining card that is being offered next summer.

The dining card next summer seems to just be a “Cash discount” That can be used at restaurants. It is hardly a dining plan. Personally, I don’t understand the appeal of the dining plan too much, but I have never been at WDW for long stays being somewhat local. I do go out for all meals, but vary the types of meals based on what I am doing at a given visit or time. I also get AP discounts which perhaps negate some of the benefits of the dining plan.

I don’t see how the dining card is marketable enough to make it viable in the current form. However, I do see the Dining Card being a limiting factor.

If it ever comes back it won’t be for a very long time it simply isn’t viable at the moment they don’t have the restaurant capacity they used to have. You can’t sell a dining plan then have people struggle to book tables

If it ever comes back it won’t be for a very long time it simply isn’t viable at the moment they don’t have the restaurant capacity they used to have. You can’t sell a dining plan then have people struggle to book tables
That’s a good point. How much under capacity are they? I know they have ramped up hiring a lot compared to even last spring. I also know they have been limiting park attendance. It still is tough to get into every restaurant every time we go, but we have been able to get signature dining on every visit we have. Living not too far away, we plan about a month ahead at most, and haven’t been disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter