Any podcast guest that makes you groan?

lisakramer

Mouseketeer
I know I'll get flamed for this, but I have to say there is one person whose voice just rubs me the wrong way.
Does anyone else have someone that makes you groan when you hear their voice?
Edited to add:
It was a topic of discussion at work the other day; voices that bother people. I was curious to know if other people have issues with certain tones or types of voices. Being on tv, radio or podcasts I always assumed had to do with having a certain type of voice. But I'm beginning to think that isn't the case or maybe I just have strangely sensitive hearing.
I apologize that I didn't spell out my question well enough.
I love all 3 of the podcasts and miss The Trip greatly as JL, Tess and Craig were a great combo.

Last edited:
Nope. No one's voice bothers me, and I'm tolerant of everyone's viewpoint, especially because there's no one person I consistently disagree with. :confused3

I also feel this thread could be hurtful because so many of the podcasters are active on the boards.
agreed

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I have to say there is one person whose voice and viewpoint just rub me the wrong way.

i certainly hope it's me and my voice and viewpoint that make you groan.:mic:

I have a suggestion for you...when that happens, turn us off and go do something nice for someone else.

I have a suggestion for you...when that happens, turn us off and go do something nice for someone else.

I demand that Kevin refunds my subscription in full for his opinions and dining reviews. I like Liberty Tree dagnabbit.

I demand that Kevin refunds my subscription in full for his opinions and dining reviews. I like Liberty Tree dagnabbit.

Me, too, if you're talking about Liberty Tree Tavern! We ate there on our one big family trip to Walt Disney World, and we really enjoyed our experience at that restaurant. Thought the food was pretty decent, too.

Me, too, if you're talking about Liberty Tree Tavern! We ate there on our one big family trip to Walt Disney World, and we really enjoyed our experience at that restaurant. Thought the food was pretty decent, too.

I ate there many years ago and liked it. Haven't been in a long time though.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I have to say there is one person whose voice and viewpoint just rub me the wrong way.

I always figure that when someone writes, "I know I'll get flamed for this, but..." the topic must be really important to that person to put it out there on the boards. I'm glad that no one rubs me the wrong way. I may not agree with certain viewpoints, but I like that they make me think. I'm also glad no names were put out there, because although some people have learned to have thick skins, others are out there doing the best they can, and it's hurtful to read threads where people kind of gang up on someone.

I do think if someone bothers listeners enough, an email to the team or the producer is a good way to address it. I know that when we do things on our own little podcast, like someone obviously pouring a soda one time, listeners email us to let us know, and those messages are always appreciated so we know where to fix things, if we can. By the way, I love our listeners, especially the ones who join us in chat and email us. It lets us get to know them a little, too. :goodvibes

I ate there many years ago and liked it. Haven't been in a long time though.

No one judges you for being wrong. :duck:

I mean there are contributors I like more then others. But in general everyone grew on me. The only time I really got annoyed with one of the Dis' podcasts was when the Universal Edition was HHN for like 2 and a half months.

I would like to so Leah on the show again soon. And more of Will on occasion. Plus would love to see Teresa and Kathy on the Dreams podcast more. Love Teresa.

I always figure that when someone writes, "I know I'll get flamed for this, but..." the topic must be really important to that person to put it out there on the boards. I'm glad that no one rubs me the wrong way. I may not agree with certain viewpoints, but I like that they make me think. I'm also glad no names were put out there, because although some people have learned to have thick skins, others are out there doing the best they can, and it's hurtful to read threads where people kind of gang up on someone.

I do think if someone bothers listeners enough, an email to the team or the producer is a good way to address it. I know that when we do things on our own little podcast, like someone obviously pouring a soda one time, listeners email us to let us know, and those messages are always appreciated so we know where to fix things, if we can. By the way, I love our listeners, especially the ones who join us in chat and email us. It lets us get to know them a little, too. :goodvibes

:offtopic: I'm going to hijack this thread for a minute, don't mind me. (It's not a friendly topic anyway)

Hi, MaryJo. :wave: I'm a new (sort of) listener of the DL podcast. I started listening to the WDW podcast last year and decided to go back and listen to lall of them from the beginning. That kept me busy, but I finished them finally and now I've started on the DL podcast. I'm only up to July 2013 (I must listen to them in order - it's kind of a thing with me) but I really do like the way you guys do your show - er, well, did? Maybe it's changed in 3 years? I guess I'll find out. It is super-informative and ya'll are just super silly and sweet. And of course, now I NEED to go to Disneyland! ::yes::

Ok, I now return you to the not-very-nice topic at hand.

:offtopic: I'm going to hijack this thread for a minute, don't mind me. (It's not a friendly topic anyway)

Hi, MaryJo. :wave: I'm a new (sort of) listener of the DL podcast. I started listening to the WDW podcast last year and decided to go back and listen to lall of them from the beginning. That kept me busy, but I finished them finally and now I've started on the DL podcast. I'm only up to July 2013 (I must listen to them in order - it's kind of a thing with me) but I really do like the way you guys do your show - er, well, did? Maybe it's changed in 3 years? I guess I'll find out. It is super-informative and ya'll are just super silly and sweet. And of course, now I NEED to go to Disneyland! ::yes::

Ok, I now return you to the not-very-nice topic at hand.

Oh you are setting yourself up for some crazy times LOL. Pete has lost a lot of weight, People have come and gone, format is about the same, but the rants are awesome! My favorite favorite favorite rant is when Pete started the show intro in September 2015 and the neighbor started up their lawn mower. The lawn mower stopped right after the intro, and you could see the relief in Pete's face.... only to have the lawn mower start up right as he started the show. He went OFF on his neighbor it was hilarious - still watch that episode from time to time just for that moment - that and the hanging orcas show LOL.

To the OP - I used to think that some people on the show were annoying, but I have grown to love them. When I first heard Craig, I was like, wow he is such a downer. The thing is, his humor is absolutely brilliant - his dead pan deliverance is so smart, I have no idea how he does it without cracking up all the time. He is now one of my favorites. You need to watch them all the time to get their personalities. Kevin Smith is another one when I first watched, I was like - he is so negative, but over time, I realize that he is like me in many respects - he is not going to sit there and sugar coat something that does not need or deserve sugar coating. It just takes time to get used to people. I see it like this - there are people that will never get along at work, but as professionals, we learn to tolerate people. If you cannot tolerate it, then like Kevin says - no one is forcing you to watch. Find another podcast, you will not hurt anyone's feelings.

All I have to say about all of the podcasts I listen to, including DIS Unplugged, is that I appreciate all of the time, energy and hard work that each and every person dedicates to each podcast. We the listeners, I am sure I can apply the generalization, want to thank each and every one of you for the entertainment, the valuable information and the escape to Disney (wherever we may be) that you provide. Keep up the great work, you all make an incredible impact on our lives!!!

I love your voice the most Kevin! Even though you flamed a couple of my favorite restaurants. :love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter