Any Pop Century Experts here?

my request to be in buildings 5 or 6 (near transportation and food)
Just be aware that "near transportation and food" will likely be closer to the buses and Classic Hall, but farther from the Skyliner. I don't think there is a "near" location for both transportation modes and food. Buildings 4 & 5 would be your best bet, but those are largely preferred rooms with only a few standard. (Personally, we like the 50's section and I don't think the walk is significantly longer than preferred locations.)

I love Pop. All of the rooms are recently renovated- I request the Standard rooms because they tend to be quieter (and cheaper). As mentioned, the food options are not exceptional but there are 3 pools on-site, with a decent bar (Petals) adjacent to the main one. While staying at Pop, one can walk over to the Art of Animation and, for expanded food options, take a short Skyliner hop to Caribbean Beach. Enjoy.

Hi all!
My boyfriend and I booked a very last minute trip next week! I haven’t been to Disneyworld in 7 years, and he has never been!
1)There was availability at one of the “World Of” resorts and Pop Century, so we chose Pop. Was this the right decision? I think there is still time to change it.
2) if we keep our reservations at Pop, what is the best area of the hotel to stay in? Is there a location that is closer to either transportation, or Ubers, or dining?
Thanks so much in advance!!
We booked this so late, so any advice at all is so welcome!

Hi. We have stayed 3 times, soon to be 4, at Pop. I found the 60's bldg facing the lake was the best. We could even see Epcot fireworks from our room. You might get to see some testing from the fireworks show. Rooms on the lake side are almost as close as the preferred rooms but they are not preferred :) Very easy access to the food court and front desk. I'm not sure how many sections of the food court is actually open yet. Busses were no problem. I haven't been on the sky liner yet. Rooms will be awesome! Have fun!!

We love pop, we use to only stay at ASM untill we forced to stay at pop in not sure if we can ever go back to All Stars ( even though it's the same room )

Reactions: RG3

Thank you! Yes, we’ll definitely be in the parks most of the time :)
This is really good info! I called today to ask the difference between preferred and standard, and they told me that there is no difference between the rooms themselves, but preferred has more of a chance of being in a good building.
But, then they put a note in my account re my request to be in buildings 5 or 6 (near transportation and food), and said that there are standard rooms available in ALL of the buildings?
So, that was really confusing 😭. If the preferred rooms were better in any way, I would spring for the extra 100 dollars for 5 nights of preferred, but they told me there isn’t a difference.
Thoughts?

also, sorry for all of the questions and thank you to you and all of the other responders; it really is so so helpful and I appreciate you all taking the time out of your day to answer! Like most people, we’ve had a challenging year, and are just so excited to have a little break for 4 or 5 days of fun. 💙
*7602109c2 PC PropMap (go.com) Here is the map of the buildings. Building 4 aka 60's facing the lake.

Probably around 40 stays at POP Century and it really is a great resort. Inside the rooms they are all the same, preferred is only about location but ironically you can have a preferred room almost right next to a standard room. We never once paid for preferred. We've been bumped in to them but they aren't always an upgrade.

No room has a horrible walk but we found that 7 & 8 are the longest walks and for us walking through a parking lot is not our idea of themed vacation. 7, 8 & 9 seem to be where they put large groups so all of our stays there have been negative.

We actually love 3 (50's) facing the lake, often having firework views on upper floors at all the parks. Now the skyliner adds to the view. It is usually quiet and peaceful and just a few minute walk to the main hub and buses. We also prefer that pool since it is quieter. 4 & 5 (60's) now even better with their location to the skyliner but I would keep it standard so my room is not facing the pool.

We have been upgraded to preferred in 1 a few times and what we got was facing the smoking section and once facing the bell hop check in area. Needless to say both rooms were a downgrade to us even though people were paying more for them. So it is possible to book preferred and get a bad location.

Don't hesitate to use AoA transportation if it comes before POP bus and the walk is very nice. AoA landscape and decor is awesome. We also ate there each trip because they have had a better menu. Enjoy, it's really one of our favorites!
That is a great tip about using AoA transportation. We have done that quite often. We seem to hit a short line for AoA at the end of the night where the POP bus line will be at least a 3 bus wait. We plan on using that tip again on our Dec trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter