• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any progress with problems for AOL users?

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Just wondering if we are any closer to being able to access the disboards. It has been over a week since I was able to acess the home page from AOL. Have any idea what is causing the problem? Anyone else still having problems besides me?
Thanks in Advance for any information!!:D

Problems here still.
AOL 7.0 / DSL / Windows ME
I was able to access the board through Internet Explorer (IE)

I will be making some MAJOR changes to the boards tonite in an effort to help this situation...

AOL Users,, Try the home page now and see if it works. I removed all banners from the page. It seems as though the new banner software we have is locking AOL Users.

Corey

I cannot get the home page (www.disboards.com) to open for me, and have been unable to since last Sunday. I have AOL 6.0, dial up.

I'll bet there are lots of people who think that it is their PC causing the access problem, and are not aware they can utilize IE, that you have not heard from. :D :confused: :confused:

Thanks for your attempts to rectify the problem!!

I have had no problems and I use AOL 8.0, Windows Me,Cable modem (RoadRunner). I also have no problem going through IE.;)

Not able to get on for about a week now. AOL 8.0, Broadband, windows 98. Smart son hooked me up through internet explorer.
Can't get disboards.com or wdwinfo.com. Sis has AOL, dialup 5.0 and she can't get it either.
I have missed you all.

Ok, I just tried through AOL, I can get onto the wdwinfo homepage, but cannot access the boards at all, same blue screen and frozen page.

Corey..... I CAN access the wdwinfo site, but CANNOT access disboards from there or via anyplace else from AOL. I am using AOL 8.0 on a laptop, and connect via Adelphia Powerlink cable via Windows ME.

I wish we could have just one thread to keep track of everything so that the webmasters could narrow down the symptoms to fix the problem. We appreciate the effort and concern.

Just to reiterate what's already been said by a few others. I can get into the wdwinfo.com homepage no problems, but the disboards is a no-go area.

I'm not one of the AOL'ers, but I am on a Mac - the problem only occurs in IE on my work computer though (older OS than my home one), so I am using Navigator in the short term which works fine.

Corey...
I am unable to access the home page. (www.wdwinfo.com), or any other area from AOL. It "times out" when I attempt to go there. The computer gives a system response warning, and indicates that a request to the host has taken too long. Is everybody experiencing the same thing???
:confused:

What version of AOL is it timing out on on www.wdwinfo.com.
8.0? Dial Up?

If this is something that has been happening in the past few weeks, then it might have to do with the new banner software.

Corey, using AOL 8.0 and a cable link, I could access www.wdwinfo.com IMMEDIATELY. When I tried to access disboards from there, it would not load and my entire computer got extremely slow.

Hope this helps.

Tried last night, still can't access the boards. I use AOL 8.0 dial up. I was able to get to the main page using IE, but that was it.

Thanks for all your efforts guys!

The problem is not just with AOL users.

Win2000, IE over a LAN connection. No problems accessing wdwinfo.com. It takes 3-4 min to load a page. connection is quick, then it takes the 3-4 min to load the page.

Still didn't work for me :(

If it's any help...if I get impatient and hit the stop button - whether it be a few seconds or a minute - the only thing that's loaded is the DISboards logo - so if you can tell what order things might load in, it's whatever is directly after that I think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter