Any reason not to visit in July or August?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We will be planning an Aulani trip in a couple years as a graduation present for our twins. So with that timing we would likely go in July or August. We are DVC owners and see that the availability for June is pretty tough but July it seems to have plenty of availability. My question is is there any reason not to travel to HI in July or August? From just a quick google search it seems the weather is decent/summer like and i would imagine with being on an island there is a breeze to keep even hot humid weather still feeling pretty comfortable.

The only drawback I could think of is that July/August is prime summer vacation season, especially for families with school-aged children. Here on the east coast, many schools wrap up late June and do not resume until after Labor Day in September. Aulani would have the potential to be full with families during this time of year because school is out. Also, college does not usually resume until late August. I would also expect 4th of July week to be busy as well.

As far as weather, we were in Hawaii mid-late September which is the end of "summer season". It was mid-upper 80s the whole time, so I would expect 90s in the summer. We didn't find the leeward side where Aulani is to be particularly humid, but we could feel it on the windward side and also in Kauai. Maui had the best breeze, making it very comfortable. Almost too much wind at times.

We will be planning an Aulani trip in a couple years as a graduation present for our twins. So with that timing we would likely go in July or August. We are DVC owners and see that the availability for June is pretty tough but July it seems to have plenty of availability. My question is is there any reason not to travel to HI in July or August? From just a quick google search it seems the weather is decent/summer like and i would imagine with being on an island there is a breeze to keep even hot humid weather still feeling pretty comfortable.

Is there much available for Studios in June?? That is what I was looking at. Renting DVC points, so I can't look myself. :/

Is there much available for Studios in June?? That is what I was looking at. Renting DVC points, so I can't look myself. :/

I'm not able to check, but my guess would be availability is few and far between. At this point, its late to book DVC for June and studios can book up quickly during the busier times of year, like summer. If a studio is a must, I would check for later dates, and be flexible with both dates and room type.

I am a DVC member and have been tracking 7 month availability for all resorts. For some reason June is a very busy time for Aulani, so if you do want June and are looking to rent points then if you book closer to 11 months you should be fine, but if you wait until 7 months out you will probably be out of luck for all room categories. As I have been checking for July 2019 and the availability seems to be much better.

After two March trips we did our first late August trip this year. And...we would not do it again. Hurricane Lane had a near miss with Oahu and the weather was very unsettled our whole trip. It was still very hot but overcast everyday with some scattered rain (mostly in the evenings.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter