Any recent cake ordering experiences?

Brandilla

Mouseketeer
Has anyone recently gotten a cake (preferably delivered) at a Universal resort? We are staying at RPR next week for DS' 13th birthday and I'd really like to get him a cake. I have seen the in room ordering brochure and it's not really intriguing but I'm sure would work if I have no other options. We will not have a car and I'm not really comfortable taking a ride share type ride by myself (DH would have to stay back with the kiddos). So if totally necessary I could take ds with me, but heading to a grocery store wouldn't be high on his list of things he'd like to do on his birthday 😂. Any suggestions or recent experiences?

I’d order a cake from the local Publix grocery store (it’s close in Dr. Phillips area) and have them delivery it. Need to meet delivery guy at hotel entrance, but I’m sure they will let you know when they deliver. Don’t know if there’s a minimum amount to spend for delivery, but we’ve had a cake from there, and it’s good, and I don’t think that expensive. Though I had a car and we shopped there for cake, and some snacks and soda, and, of course, forgotten items.

I’d order a cake from the local Publix grocery store (it’s close in Dr. Phillips area) and have them delivery it. Need to meet delivery guy at hotel entrance, but I’m sure they will let you know when they deliver. Don’t know if there’s a minimum amount to spend for delivery, but we’ve had a cake from there, and it’s good, and I don’t think that expensive. Though I had a car and we shopped there for cake, and some snacks and soda, and, of course, forgotten items.

Thanks! I will check out their website. We don't have Publix here so I'm not familiar with them. His birthday is at the beginning of our trip so could definitely add some drinks and snacks if needed to meet a minimum requirement.

I second the idea of publix. I've had publix cakes many times (florida native so at all potlucks someone brings one lol) they are great and can be cheaply priced or pricey depending on how elaborate you'd like them. They have great decorations so I'm sure you can have it tailored to your son.

Many years ago I splurged for a birthday and had a cake & balloons delivered to the room by the hotel. It wasn't personalized and was nothing fancy and of course, cost a lot. I wouldn't do it again and with staffing shortages, it might not arrive when you would like it.

I'd go with ordering through Publix as well. You can ask for personalization and get a quarter sheet cake for much less money. Supermarket cakes taste just as good as the generic "Happy Birthday" ones the hotels send up.

Many years ago I splurged for a birthday and had a cake & balloons delivered to the room by the hotel. It wasn't personalized and was nothing fancy and of course, cost a lot. I wouldn't do it again and with staffing shortages, it might not arrive when you would like it.

I'd go with ordering through Publix as well. You can ask for personalization and get a quarter sheet cake for much less money. Supermarket cakes taste just as good as the generic "Happy Birthday" ones the hotels send up.

That set up was exactly what I was looking at. $100 plus like $20+ in fees and didn't seem worth anywhere near that to me.

Thanks for all the publix suggestions! I just set up an account and got two free weeks of instacart, so I should have no trouble ordering a cake and drinks/snacks next week!

I know the OP is sorted with a cake, but anyone interested in the ones from RP, you can have them personalised and they are beautiful.

i-VGtSxwk-X2.jpg

I know the OP is sorted with a cake, but anyone interested in the ones from RP, you can have them personalised and they are beautiful.

i-VGtSxwk-X2.jpg

Ooh, do you know if they charge extra for personalization? Or if you can order just a cake? The package I saw included balloons and I want to say champagne or something.

Ooh, do you know if they charge extra for personalization? Or if you can order just a cake? The package I saw included balloons and I want to say champagne or something.

I don`t believe there would be an extra charge for personalisation.

We have only ever been sent the full package, yes, balloons, champagne, cake and banner, we`ve never just had a cake on it`s own.

So fun update. DS' birthday was yesterday and we ordered a cake from Publix to be delivered via instacart. I didn't get it personalized. Just picked a pretty generic cake with primary colored balloons on it.
My shopper texted me and said they were out of that cake but did I see one in the photo that I liked as a substitute?
The picture was only of her holding a white and yellow cake.
I responded asking if there were any others available and explained that it is for my son's 13th birthday. I said he would like pretty much anything, as long as it's not too "girly". She replied with ok.

She came to deliver my order and did not speak English well. She apologized and said she made a mistake and she would return it. She showed me the cake and it was pink with yellow and orange roses 🤦🏼‍♀️. Apparently English is not her first language and her husband explained to her she got the wrong thing. I just had to laugh. Told her not to worry about it. It would still taste just fine and now we have a funny memory from our trip🤷🏼‍♀️.

My son thought it was funny and we all enjoyed eating it! 😂😂

Attachments

• 20210630_205135.jpg
    20210630_205135.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 48
Glad your son had a nice b-day at RPR even with the cake color mix up. As my dad used to say, "It all ends up in the same place!"

So fun update. DS' birthday was yesterday and we ordered a cake from Publix to be delivered via instacart. I didn't get it personalized. Just picked a pretty generic cake with primary colored balloons on it.
My shopper texted me and said they were out of that cake but did I see one in the photo that I liked as a substitute?
I responded asking if there were any others available and explained that it is for my son's 13th birthday. I said he would like pretty much anything, as long as it's not too "girly". She replied with ok.

She came to deliver my order and did not speak English well. She apologized and said she made a mistake and she would return it. She showed me the cake and it was pink with yellow and orange roses 🤦🏼‍♀️. Apparently English is not her first language and her husband explained to her she got the wrong thing. I just had to laugh. Told her not to worry about it. It would still taste just fine and now we have a funny memory from our trip🤷🏼‍♀️.

My son would love pink and orange :sad2: I hate both of the those colors. Pretty funny. Glad it worked out though.

Thanks for the update and picture! Your son has such a wonderful attitude and you are right……it will make for a great story for a very long time!
Happy belated birthday!
:cake:

I missed your reply somehow!

What a lovely looking cake, and yes, he`s a good sport to see the funny side of it all.......I`m sure it was lovely and happy it worked out well for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter