Any recent Cat 12 cabin assignments?

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
What have you had assigned for Cat 12 gty?

Has anyone received recent calls offering paid upgrades? Does DCL call and offer upgrades from Cat 12 or does that just happen with higher catagory cabins?

We are on the 9/19 cruise and were assigned a sideways cat 11 from a cat 12 gty. We are 2 adults. HTH.

I'm also on the 9/19. I paid for a cat 12 and ended up with a cat 10. I never got a call about any upgrades, but I do know some of my fellow cruisers got calls. ;)

I was on 8/30 Wonder cruise and had five gty 12 cabins reserved, and got five cat 9, no phone calls or price upgrade, just showed on ressies. Great rooms.

I was on 8/30 Wonder cruise and had five gty 12 cabins reserved, and got five cat 9, no phone calls or price upgrade, just showed on ressies. Great rooms.

were all of your reservations linked? and was everyone a first time cruiser?

We booked a Category 12 GTY for the Magic sailing October 10th...I was excited to log on Saturday to see that we got a Category 10, though it is room 1039 and that makes me nervous...I am still holding out hope that I get a call for an upgrade to a 9, which I am more than willing to pay for!

were all of your reservations linked? and was everyone a first time cruiser?

all our ressies were linked, and first time on Disney for all.
I have read many posts about why/how and I can't say but i suspect that my tickets were purchased thru a high volume online retailer and Disney rewarded these clients. I called up Disney once re: my t/a, rumor was they were going under that proved false, but I was amazed at how Disney rep praised t/a.IMO.

This happened on our June cruise with Cat 12s -- many of the Cat 9 upgrades went to first time cruisers and more experienced cruisers were not so happy about it. I can see both sides -- DCL already "has" you or not (if they see you are on your nth cruise) vs trying to "hook" a new DCL cruiser for life.

Congrats on getting 5 Cat 9's but I guarantee that there were 5 other cabins with multiple cruises under their belts muttering about how unfair that was.

PS - everytime I have asked I get the same answer that it is random, as are the calls for paid upgrades.

Hi bones, I wondered if you were all first time cruisers, as I have heard that upgrades most often go to them...we were first time cruisers in April and were bumped from a cat 12 to a cat 9 also.

We have other family members going with us who have not sailed before. So, 2 cabins for us (2nd time cruising) and 2 cabins for them (1st time cruising). I had unlinked our ressies thinking it would help my family's 2 cabins stay close together, but now I am wondering if I should have stayed linked with my family who hasn't sailed before in the hopes that we would all be upgraded!

Well, if our extended family gets upgraded I will be happy for them even if we don't :) ...tho I'd love it if we would get upgraded!

We are on the 10/22 3-day Wonder sailing, and booked cat 12 gty. About 2 weeks ago DCL called and offered us an upgrade to cat 9 for $99 additional, total. We took it!

We are on the 10/10 Magic sailing. cat 12 gty. Looked this week and we are assigned a cat 11 sideways. Which I think is great, would like to have a cat 10 but I am on the boat so that is all that matters. We have 2 other families booked with us. The other cat 12 gty got a cat 11 across the hall from us. The other cat 5 got a call today for a free upgrade to a cat 4. Still hoping we might get a call but not banking on anything.

After being assigned a room and receiving my luggage tags and all that, I got a call this afternoon that I was upgraded again to a cat. 9 cabin! Wahoo! I am not a 1st time cruiser. Though I do suspect it's easier to move me (a solo traveler) than like joined reservations or something like that.... who knows! ;)

After being assigned a room and receiving my luggage tags and all that, I got a call this afternoon that I was upgraded again to a cat. 9 cabin! Wahoo! I am not a 1st time cruiser. Though I do suspect it's easier to move me (a solo traveler) than like joined reservations or something like that.... who knows! ;)

Oh my gosh nvcruiser, when I read your post I checked my phone to make sure I didn't miss a call from DCL LOL! :lmao:

Congrats on the extra upgrade. It ain't over till it's over! :hyper:

That same thing happened to us on our first cruise in April! It was sooo exciting...I remember looking at called ID and seeing DCL inventory control or something like that and thinking "YES!"

Congrats!

You guys give me hope! We have a Cat 12 GTY for the 10/17 Magic. I look several times a day and nothing yet and it is killing me! I am fine with whatever we get but would love a magical call from inventory control or a visit from the upgrade fairy... :)

Happy cruising to all :love:

We are on the 9/19 cruise and were assigned a sideways cat 11 from a cat 12 gty. We are 2 adults. HTH.

We are in a cat 11 sideways, too, on deck 5! But, we chose this room. This will be our 3rd cruise in a sideways stateroom. But, I'd love a call about an upgrade. In January of this year, I cruised with a friend on the Magic and we booked a GTY 12. Just before we got our cruise docs, we had been upgraded to a Cat 9. We never received a call from DCL, rather, I saw the upgrade change on our online reservation.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you on the 19th!

Jan

We are in a cat 11 sideways, too, on deck 5! But, we chose this room. This will be our 3rd cruise in a sideways stateroom. But, I'd love a call about an upgrade. In January of this year, I cruised with a friend on the Magic and we booked a GTY 12. Just before we got our cruise docs, we had been upgraded to a Cat 9. We never received a call from DCL, rather, I saw the upgrade change on our online reservation.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you on the 19th!

Jan

We are on deck 6. We have sailed in a Cat 8 on deck 5 forward before and that is really our favorite location. Love being able to just walk over to the movie theatre! :happytv:

See you on the ship!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter