Any recent disneymooners?

Julie521

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! My fiance and I are going on our disneymoon in September. I was just wondering if anyone has recently done the same. Not that I am expecting anything, but curious to see if anyone has gotten and special extras during their trip with cast members knowing your on your honeymoon. I am a little disappointed that the Just Married buttons probably won't be around once I finally get there, and I just can't bring myself to spend ten dollars on them through ebay or anything.

We had our wedding/honeymoon there in December and we wore our wedding ears everywhere (and the "Happily Ever After" buttons). We got the following from cast members:
1) a king-bed room with a water-view upgrade (Grand Floridian)
2) free champagne and a signed photo from Mickey and Minnie on check-in day (in the room)
3) no less than nine fastpasses for rides at Magic Kingdom (from Chip and Dale, given to my husband when we entered the park)
4) LOTS of "congratulations!"

So you do get some perks, but don't be disappointed if you don't get free stuff everywhere you go! It's the little things that make it fun. :)

We had our wedding/honeymoon there in December and we wore our wedding ears everywhere (and the "Happily Ever After" buttons). We got the following from cast members:
1) a king-bed room with a water-view upgrade (Grand Floridian)
2) free champagne and a signed photo from Mickey and Minnie on check-in day (in the room)
3) no less than nine fastpasses for rides at Magic Kingdom (from Chip and Dale, given to my husband when we entered the park)
4) LOTS of "congratulations!"

So you do get some perks, but don't be disappointed if you don't get free stuff everywhere you go! It's the little things that make it fun. :)

Thanks!! It is good to see some things are still happening!! I am going in truly not expecting anything. But I think it would just feel.. great.. to have someone recognize how happy we will be on our honeymoon :) I don't think I will be able to get futureDH to wear the ears, but I did make us a couple cool t-shirts to wear!! One says "just married" on it, the others are "Mr." and Mrs." shirts.

Even if he doesn't wear the ears, you can still wear them! When we got the fastpasses, I actually wasn't wearing my ears because the headband hurt my head after a while :rolleyes1 but Husband was wearing his and got the fistful o' fastpasses!

Even if he doesn't wear the ears, you can still wear them! When we got the fastpasses, I actually wasn't wearing my ears because the headband hurt my head after a while :rolleyes1 but Husband was wearing his and got the fistful o' fastpasses!

Excellent :) I have that issue with headbands too!! I cannot keep them on too long. I am getting very excited, and just hope as the year goes that the magic of "just married" around the park doesn't fade.:cloud9:

also, i think there are just married buttons, just not necessarily the cinderella ones. also, the what are you celebrating ones are still out there and really, just lots of people saying congrats is pretty awesome!:cool1:

also, i think there are just married buttons, just not necessarily the cinderella ones. also, the what are you celebrating ones are still out there and really, just lots of people saying congrats is pretty awesome!:cool1:

i heard that as well. i guess i will just have to wait until i get there and see!! i've heard they are trying to become more politically correct. which i absolutely understand and agree with, but its still disney and would be nice to get these things ;) I like talking to people and meeting people too, so I think that having those pins are good conversation starters.

We also got married and had our Disneymoon in December. We wore our Just Married pins everyday and we were receiving congratulations from CM's and other guests every 15 minutes it seemed like!!:goodvibes

We stayed Poly CL & the nice women from the CL front desk sent us real flower lei's (not the plastic flower ones) to our room. The Poly housekeeping made us adorable & unique towel animals every day of our stay (ranging from a bride and groom to kissing swans to monkeys hanging from our floor lamps! We were also surprised with free champagne or free dessert at almost every TS restaurant we ate at. They decorated our table and let us have free wine tasting at California Grill. Two times we had CM's bring us to the phone to receive a special congrats phone call from Minnie Mouse-it was really cute! :cutie:

Aside from the tangible stuff, the CL CMs at the Poly made us feel so special for spending our wedding night and honeymoon with them-I think their kindness was the best Disney magic we received out of everything (and the real flower lei's were pretty cool as well!!:laughing: )

We also got married and had our Disneymoon in December. We wore our Just Married pins everyday and we were receiving congratulations from CM's and other guests every 15 minutes it seemed like!!:goodvibes

We stayed Poly CL & the nice women from the CL front desk sent us real flower lei's (not the plastic flower ones) to our room. The Poly housekeeping made us adorable & unique towel animals every day of our stay (ranging from a bride and groom to kissing swans to monkeys hanging from our floor lamps! We were also surprised with free champagne or free dessert at almost every TS restaurant we ate at. They decorated our table and let us have free wine tasting at California Grill. Two times we had CM's bring us to the phone to receive a special congrats phone call from Minnie Mouse-it was really cute! :cutie:

Aside from the tangible stuff, the CL CMs at the Poly made us feel so special for spending our wedding night and honeymoon with them-I think their kindness was the best Disney magic we received out of everything (and the real flower lei's were pretty cool as well!!:laughing: )

Thank sounds amazing :) So glad you had such a great time!! It sounds so cheesy but i really wish we could of gotten the "Just Married" pins while we are there. I doubt by September they are going to have many left. Who knows, maybe they will have new ones by then.. Either way I am sure we will have an amazing time. We are staying at Coronado Springs. We couldn't quite afford the higher end places, but this is at least less kid themed and seems more "adult" oriented. We probably won't be at the resort much anyways. My fiance has never been so he wants to do EVERYTHING!

I'm following this, too, since I'm hoping to get a September Disneymoon, too!
(congrats to you, Julie!)

Why won't the "just married" buttons be around anymore? That was one of the things I was looking forward to adding to our collection!!
We currently have ones from our 3rd anniversary, 4th anniversary and "just engaged".

I'm following this, too, since I'm hoping to get a September Disneymoon, too!
(congrats to you, Julie!)

Why won't the "just married" buttons be around anymore? That was one of the things I was looking forward to adding to our collection!!
We currently have ones from our 3rd anniversary, 4th anniversary and "just engaged".

Hope you get yours!! We are getting married in June, but waiting until Sept. to go because we are driving, hopefully less crowded, and worked out better schedule wise for us!

I have been reading a lot on here the "just married" buttons are now few and far between.. so I am guessing six months from now they will be even harder to get a hold of! My only thought it they may have just married buttons, but with a different picture on them to get over the stereotype only a man and woman being in a relationship. Hopefully some people will come back with stories over the next few months to let us know!!

I'll also be on my WDW honeymoon in September (looks like we'll be there at the same time), but I'm quite glad that they have "Happily Ever After" buttons now. We got married last September and I'd feel awfully silly if our only choice for honeymoon-ish buttons said "Just Married," when our honeymoon will be fairly close to our first anniversary! :rotfl:

I'll also be on my WDW honeymoon in September (looks like we'll be there at the same time), but I'm quite glad that they have "Happily Ever After" buttons now. We got married last September and I'd feel awfully silly if our only choice for honeymoon-ish buttons said "Just Married," when our honeymoon will be fairly close to our first anniversary! :rotfl:

Where are you staying? ope you have an amazing time! We are actually getting married in June, and going to Disney in Sept. so I kind of understand what you mean. Not quite a year, but won't be right after our wedding either.

DH and I just booked a honeymoon for our DS and his wife to stay at AKL on 3/22-3/29. They got married over Presidents Day Weekend, but had to wait for their honeymoon until my sons spring break (grad student)...When I made reservations for them they noted it was their honeymoon...so if anything special happens I'll let you know. They are so excited. I booked a pool view room for them because we had to fly them from California and wanted to give them money for nice meals and extras. So I'm hoping they will get a honeymoon upgrade to a room where they can view the animals. If not I told DS to surprise his wife and get the room changed to a savanna view for the last 3 nights. I hope they let them switch rooms at that point.

Congratulations to all of you Disneymooners...I wish DH and I went to Disney on our honeymoon, it will be 30 years for us this year on 3/20. We were planning on going on a vacation together but decided to send the newlyweds instead!!!!

What a fun thread!!! FH and I are planning on spending the first week of our honeymoon at Disney next November - we are getting married in June too :) we are planning on staying at All star Sports as we are off on a cruise the following week and have really upgraded that haha

I'm really looking forward to reading what other couples are seeing on their honeymoon - my FH (Jason) is super excited to tell everyone he's on his honeymoon lol:)

DH and I just booked a honeymoon for our DS and his wife to stay at AKL on 3/22-3/29. They got married over Presidents Day Weekend, but had to wait for their honeymoon until my sons spring break (grad student)...When I made reservations for them they noted it was their honeymoon...so if anything special happens I'll let you know. They are so excited. I booked a pool view room for them because we had to fly them from California and wanted to give them money for nice meals and extras. So I'm hoping they will get a honeymoon upgrade to a room where they can view the animals. If not I told DS to surprise his wife and get the room changed to a savanna view for the last 3 nights. I hope they let them switch rooms at that point.

Congratulations to all of you Disneymooners...I wish DH and I went to Disney on our honeymoon, it will be 30 years for us this year on 3/20. We were planning on going on a vacation together but decided to send the newlyweds instead!!!!
That is so nice of you! We are staying at a moderate. We most likely won't be at the resort a ton, so we didn't want to spend a ton of extra money on a deluxe. Thanks for letting me know if anything special happens for them. We have it noted on our room reservation and all our dining reservations that we will be on our honeymoon. I am going in expecting nothing, so anything we get will be a nice surprise :)

What a fun thread!!! FH and I are planning on spending the first week of our honeymoon at Disney next November - we are getting married in June too :) we are planning on staying at All star Sports as we are off on a cruise the following week and have really upgraded that haha

I'm really looking forward to reading what other couples are seeing on their honeymoon - my FH (Jason) is super excited to tell everyone he's on his honeymoon lol:)

What date is your wedding? Mine is June 10th. Hope you have an amazing day! That is awesome you are doing Disney plus a cruise :) Very NICE! My FH is also very excited. He has never been to Disney, so he is like a little kid getting ready to go.

We are going for our Disneymoon in July. I'll report back after that happens! We plan on staying at the Poly for a few days then moving to a value resort since we decided to extend our honeymoon to a week. We want to splurge a little on a deluxe resort; but we don't have the money to stay in one for a week. I'm going to school; and we need the money.

We are going for our Disneymoon in July. I'll report back after that happens! We plan on staying at the Poly for a few days then moving to a value resort since we decided to extend our honeymoon to a week. We want to splurge a little on a deluxe resort; but we don't have the money to stay in one for a week. I'm going to school; and we need the money.

Hope you have a fabulous time! WE are staying at Coronado Springs for 6 nights. We were able to save $400 though with the free dining offer than came out. Went from paying 2300 to 1900. Very excited for that! I am already done with school, but we are paying for the wedding ourselves, plus looking to buy a house within a year as well, so I know what you mean about trying to save money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter