• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recommendations for pre cruise Miami hotels?

eyoreaud

<font color=peach>Who? Us? Nosey? NEVER!<br><font
Hi There!
We shall be going on the transatlantic cruise in May this year, usually it leaves from canaveral but it’s leaving from Miami this year, where do you guys recommend staying for 1 night pre cruise? 2 adults and a 4 year old grandson. Any recommendations will be appreciated, thanks

Will you be flying into MIA or FLL for this cruise? Sometimes its significantly cheaper to fly into one. Its been a while, but there is a fair number of relatively inexpensive hotels near FLL that offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Then all you need to do is arrange for a car service or uber/lyft the next morning to get to the port.

I stayed at Hyatt Place Miami Airport last March. Nice place. Great value if you have Hyatt points or Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Only 8000 points per night. Easy and cheap Uber to port from there. Free airport shuttle.

pooh:pooh:My DD and I stayed at the Miami Marriott Biscayne. We flew into Fort Lauderdale and I used Super Shuttle to hotel also used them from cruise terminal back to airport (38.00 each way). My daughter used Uber to hotel(23.00).
The Marriott is located at a Marina and only 10 minutes from Cruise Terminal (took Uber $14.00) our room was facing the cruise terminal so we saw the cruise ships docked each morning. With in walking distance is a outdoor mall with restaurants. We had dinner at Bubba Gumps. We also grab sandwiches at the hotel restaurant which were yummy.
We sailed on the Magic Marvel Cruise in Jan

Will you be flying into MIA or FLL for this cruise? Sometimes its significantly cheaper to fly into one. Its been a while, but there is a fair number of relatively inexpensive hotels near FLL that offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Then all you need to do is arrange for a car service or uber/lyft the next morning to get to the port.
We will already be in Orlando so will be driving down to Miami the day before

Thanks guys! was looking at the intercontinental but might go to the Marriott Biscayne since it’s close to the port

I stayed at Hyatt Place Miami Airport last March. Nice place. Great value if you have Hyatt points or Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Only 8000 points per night. Easy and cheap Uber to port from there. Free airport shuttle.
We’ve stayed at that Hyatt Place Airport East earlier this month and at the Hyatt House last year. Both have free shuttles from the airport to the hotels. Decent breakfasts at both locations. Hyatt House had more options in off-site restaurants within walking distance. We ate in the hotel when at the Hyatt Place. Lyft to port was about $15 plus gratuity.

we stayed at the Miami Doubletree on the Bay. We booked the pre-cruise breakfast/transfer
package and it was fine. It was Marathon weekend and the city was crowded.

we stayed at the Miami Doubletree on the Bay. We booked the pre-cruise breakfast/transfer
package and it was fine. It was Marathon weekend and the city was crowded.
Thanks for the replies, a few more hotels to look at We don't need airport transfers as we will be driving down from Orlando the day before but the port transfer would be good

It's a bit further to the port but we stayed at the Stanton in South Beach and we were very comfortable (beautiful room) and we had access to a private area on the beach. It was nice. Great pool too.

I've stayed at the La Quinta East in Miami. Very affordable and they offer shuttles from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the port, and the port to airport. Definitely would recommend.

I've stayed at the La Quinta East in Miami. Very affordable and they offer shuttles from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the port, and the port to airport. Definitely would recommend.

Thanks for the recommendation, I just booked it.

To be honest, it wasn't my first or second choice, but they were booked. My learning is that I need to do more than write down hotel recommendations, I need to book the more popular ones. This is my first time cruising out of Miami, I feel like a fish out of. . .

I love the Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon. :)

We stayed at the Intercontinental and it was quite nice. Honestly, I would stay at most of the downtown hotels. We went on hotwire and just did the downtown area hotels rates 4* and up and it was $89 and ended up being the Intercontinental. So you might see if you can score something like that. It will usually tell you it will be one of four hotels and if you're happy staying at any of those hotels for that rate, you'll get a great price.

I live in Miami and would recommend the InterContinental hotel. Very close to the port. Also one block from the Metromover which is a free “monorail” of sorts that circles downtown Miami. A couple stops away from the touristy shopping area called Bayside (but heck, you’re a tourist). A couple more stops and your are at Museum Park with a art museum and a science museum all overlooking the Port of Miami. More than you could see in a day if you have time. https://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/metromover-map.pdf

We will already be in Orlando so will be driving down to Miami the day before

Thanks guys! was looking at the intercontinental but might go to the Marriott Biscayne since it’s close to the port
We live in Orlando and just did exactly this before our Celebrity Equinox cruise a couple of weeks ago. The drive was ~3.5 hours and the only "confusing" part was just as we got to Miami but it worked out easily.

We stayed at the Biscayne Marriott and had a bay view room that was very nice. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant which we really enjoyed. Here is a picture just after sunrise on our departure day.
DSC_0902 by jalves_02360, on Flickr

Both Marriott and InterContinental overlook the the port. While the InterContinental is technically closer, the difference is a few blocks and not a big deal. Go with whichever is a better price!

We drive down, and recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Miami Airport West - Doral. With a one night stay, they have free parking for the length of your cruise, and a shuttle to the port. The hotel was nice, the room comfortable, and they have a hot breakfast in the morning. Total cost, including an Uber back to the hotel after the cruise, was still significantly less than just parking at the cruise terminal would have cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter